Ever wonder where the money goes?
This year, OLG generated $3.7 billion* in economic activity in Ontario.
- $120 million – Gaming proceeds distributed
through the Ontario Trillium
Foundation to local and
- $10 million – Support for amateur
athletes through the
QUEST FOR GOLD program
- $1.7 billion – Hospitals, health-related
programs and other
- $62.6 million – Goods and services purchased from local Ontario businesses to support OLG activities**
- $950.6 million – Payroll for 17,850
employees across the
employees of OLG’s Resort
Casinos and the Great Blue
Heron Slot Machine Facility)
- $112.3 million – Payments to municipalities that host OLG gaming facilities, including Resort Casinos and Charitable Gaming Centres
- $347.3 million – Payments to Ontario’s horse racing industry***
- $222.2 million – Commissions paid to lottery retailers
- $53.9 million – Partnering with the Province in the education, research, prevention and treatment of problem gambling
- $2.3 million – Sponsorship of community festivals and events
- $8.4 million – Charitable Gaming proceeds distributed to participating local charities
In addition, OLG awarded over $1.7 billion in lottery prizes to our players.
*based on the period April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012
**excludes Resort Casinos
***This program will end on March 31, 2013.