OLG Gives Back
Ever wonder where the money goes?
This year OLG generated $3.9 billion* in total economic activity in Ontario.
- $2.07 billion – Directed to the operation of hospitals and other provincial priorities
- $115.0 million – Directed to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for the benefit of local and provincial charities
- $38.0 million – Directed by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to problem gambling prevention, treatment and research***
- $10.0 million – Support for amateur athletes through the Quest for Gold program
- $902.0 million – Payroll for OLG's 16,000 direct and indirect employees**** across the province
- $268.7 million – Commissions paid to lottery retailers across Ontario
- $141.2 million – Payments to municipalities and Ontario First Nations that host gaming facilities and Charitable Gaming Centres
- $211.8 million – Goods and services purchased from Ontario businesses to support gaming facilities operated by OLG
- $122.1 million – Payments to Ontario First Nations through the Gaming Revenue Sharing and Financial Agreement
- $30.3 million – Charitable Gaming proceeds distributed to participating local charities
- $15.6 million – What OLG directed to its Responsible Gaming Resource Centres, policy and program development, staff training and self-exclusion capital costs. Together, OLG and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care allocated $53.6 million to responsible gambling and problem gambling prevention, treatment and research
- $2.5 million – Dedicated to the sponsorship of community festivals and events
In addition, OLG awarded nearly $2.1 billion* in lottery prizes to players in Ontario.
*based on the period April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016
**Net Profit to the Province is the amount the Corporation returns to the Province of Ontario after stakeholder and other payments.
***based on government policy that directs 2% of forecasted OLG slot machine gross revenue (excluding slot machine revenue from the Resort casinos and the Great Blue Heron Charity Casino) to problem gambling funding
****Direct employees are those employed directly by OLG. Indirect employees are those employed by OLG's Resort Casinos and the Great Blue Heron Slot Machine Facility.