OLG Gives Back
Ever wonder where the money goes?
This year, OLG generated $3.4 billion* in economic activity in Ontario.
- $1.8 billion – Operation of hospitals and other provincial priorities
- $115.0 million – Gaming proceeds distributed through the Ontario Trillium Foundation to local and provincial charities
- $38.0 million – Prevention, treatment and research of problem gambling***
- $10.0 million – Support for amateur athletes through the Quest for Gold program
- $873.3 million – Payroll for more than 16,000 direct and indirect employees**** across the province
- $235.8 million – Commissions paid to lottery retailers
- $129.3 million – Payments to municipalities that host OLG gaming facilities, including Resort Casinos and Charitable Gaming Centres
- $192.7 million Goods and services purchased from Ontario businesses to support OLG gaming operations*****
- $16.3 million – What OLG directs to its Responsible Gaming Resource Centres, policy and program development, staff training and self-exclusion capital costs. Together, OLG and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care spent $54.3 million on responsible gambling and the prevention , treatment and research of problem gambling in Ontario
- $20.8 million – Charitable Gaming proceeds distributed to participating local charities
- $6.0 million – Sponsorship of community festivals and events
In addition, OLG awarded more than $1.8 billion* in lottery prizes to players.
*based on the period April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015
**Net Profit to the Province is the amount the Corporation returns to the Province of Ontario after stakeholder and other payments.
***based on government policy that directs 2% of forecasted OLG slot machine gross revenue (excluding OLG Slots at Great Blue Heron Charity Casino) to problem gambling funding
****Direct employees are those employed directly by OLG. Indirect employees are those employed by OLG's Resort Casinos and the Great Blue Heron Slot Machine Facility.
*****excludes Resort Casinos and OLG Slots at Great Blue Heron Charity Casino