MODERNIZING LOTTERY AND GAMING IN ONTARIO
This page was last updated on September 19, 2013.
Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) for Southwestern Ontario
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) continues its modernization of the province's lottery and gaming industry with the launch of the Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) for the Southwest Gaming Bundle.
Interested service providers are required to submit proposals for the entire Southwest Gaming Bundle as set out in the RFPQ, not for individual Gaming Zones or gaming sites contained within the bundle. This means that service providers are being asked to demonstrate their ability to operate all six facilities in the Southwest Gaming Bundle.
Interested service providers must respond to the RFPQ by August 8, 2013. The RFPQ is available on MERXTM (www.merx.com/olg).
March 18, 2013 - OLG extended the RFPQ - Lottery closing date to April 30, 2013.
Request For Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) Process -- Lottery
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) has initiated the RFPQ process to pre-qualify service providers for the day-to-day operation of lottery in Ontario.
Interested vendors, whether or not they responded to the Lottery Request For Intormation (RFI) must respond to the RFPQ by April 30, 2013. The RFPQ is available on the MERXTM electronic tendering system www.merx.com/olg.
February 26, 2013 - OLG updated the Q&A document supporting the Wave 1 Gaming RFPQs issued on November 30, 2012.
Wave 1 Gaming RFPQ deadline and its impact on site holders without finalized lease agreements
Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) Process -- Gaming
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) has initiated the RFPQ process to pre-qualify service providers for the day-to-day operation of gaming in Ontario. To enable OLG to more effectively manage the gaming market in Ontario, while providing operational efficiencies for the private sector, some of the 29 Gaming Zones identified in the Request for Information (published May 17, 2012) have been grouped into Gaming Bundles. RFPQs are being issued in phases. The first was issued November 30, 2012 and includes three separate RFPQs - one for the Ottawa Area and one each for Gaming Bundles in Ontario East and Ontario North.
Interested vendors, whether or not they responded to the RFIs, can respond to the RFPQs, which are available on the MERXTM electronic tendering system www.merx.com/olg.
The RFPQs for the Ottawa Area and Ontario East Gaming Bundles closed March 7, 2013. The RFPQ for the North Gaming Bundle closed on March 14, 2013.
Request for Information (RFI) Process (Gaming and Lottery)
Request for Information (RFI) -- Modernizing Land Based Gaming in Ontario
-- Published May 17, 2012, closed July 4, 2012
Request for Information (RFI) -- Modernizing Lottery in Ontario
-- Published June 7, 2012, closed August 2, 2012
Procurement Process Backgrounder
In a report delivered to the Minister of Finance on March 12, 2012, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) outlined a proposal to modernize lottery and gaming in Ontario.
Click here to see the full report.
To achieve this, OLG is focusing on three priorities:
- Become more customer-focused;
- Securing qualified service providers for the day-to-day operation of lottery and gaming; and
- Renewing OLG's role in the conduct, management and oversight of lottery and gaming.
When OLG's modernization (including initiatives already underway) is fully implemented, there will be:
- An additional $1.3 billion available to government annually for the province's key public priorities like health care.
- Billions of dollars in new private sector capital investment in the province.
- Thousand of jobs created across the province.
OLG will conduct a competitive procurement process within the guidelines/regulations mandated by the Government of Ontario for these goods/services in the upcoming future.
Vendors are invited to monitor the MERX™ electronic tendering system www.merx.com/olg for this opportunity.
It is anticipated that the procurement process will be made up of various stages that may include the following:
- Requests for Information (RFI) process
- Published May 17, 2012, closed July 4, 2012
- Published June 7, 2012, closed August 2, 2012
- Request For Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) process
- Ottawa Area and East Gaming Bundles, published November 30, 2012, closed March 7, 2013
- North Gaming Bundle, published November 30, 2012, closed March 14, 2013
- Southwest Gaming Bundle, published May 29, 2013, closed August 8, 2013
- Balance of Gaming Bundles - target release in the coming months
- Published December 14, 2012, closed April 30, 2013
- Request For Proposal (RFP) process
- Target release in the coming months
- Target release in the coming months
As we move through the process we will update this website with current information.
Any questions regarding this procurement process must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org