NHL® LOTTO gives you a chance to score big with your favourite NHL® teams!
Watch the screen in store as a player from your favourite team takes 3 shots that could win up to $15,000. You also have a chance to win up to $100,000 in the nightly draw by matching your team and/or Lotto Numbers.
- $2 per play.
- Two chances to win - on the spot and in the nightly draw.
- Each play gives you 3 shots on net for a chance to win up to $15,000 in store. You also get a chance to win up to $100,000 in the nightly draw by matching the drawn NHL® team and/or Lotto Numbers.
- Customize the experience - Ask the retailer for a Quick Pick and the lottery terminal will generate a random selection or choose your favourite NHL® team and five numbers (1-30) with a Selection Slip.
- Odds of winning any prize are approximately 1 in 2.6.
- Nightly draws take place every evening at approximately 10:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- ENCORE and Advance Play are not available.
how to play
1. ASK - Ask your lottery retailer for an NHL® LOTTO Quick Pick or customize the experience and choose your own NHL® team and/or five Lotto Numbers with a Selection Slip. Each $2 play is eligible for an instant win at the time of purchase and for the nightly draw. Your NHL® team is represented by the shooting player on screen and also appears on your ticket for the nightly draw.*
2. PAY - You must pay the lottery retailer $2 before receiving your ticket.
3. WATCH THE SCREEN - Watch the lottery terminal screen to see your player take 3 shots at prize targets in the net. If your player hits a target you win the prize and each prize target your player hits adds to the total prize.
4. CHECK YOUR TICKET - Check your ticket after the nightly draw to see if you've matched your NHL® team and/or Lotto Numbers.
*The NHL® team does not influence the outcome of the instant win.
instant win prize structure
On the Spot - You could win up to $15,000
There are 13 on-the-spot prizes available to be won. Just watch the lottery terminal screen to see if your player hits any prize targets.
|$15,000||1 in 4,275,180|
|$10,000||1 in 1,425,060|
|$5,000||1 in 610,740|
|$200||1 in 42,752|
|$100||1 in 14,251|
|$22||1 in 2,036|
|$20||1 in 611|
|$12||1 in 214|
|$10||1 in 178|
|$7||1 in 143|
|$5||1 in 85.5|
|$4||1 in 42.8|
|$2||1 in 3.6|
lotto draw prize structure
Nightly Draw - You could win up to $100,000
Every night, 1 team (out of a possible 30 teams) and 5 different Lotto Numbers (out of a possible 30 Lotto Numbers) will be drawn. After the 10:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) evening draw check your ticket and match your NHL® team and/or Lotto Numbers to win.
Winning Results (Example)
Actual winning draw results can be found on the winning numbers page.
|MATCH 5 OF 5
+ NHL® TEAM
|$100,000||1 in 4,275,180|
|MATCH 5 OF 5||$1,000||1 in 147,420|
|MATCH 4 OF 5
+ NHL® TEAM
|$100||1 in 34,201|
|MATCH 4 OF 5||$12||1 in 1,179|
|MATCH 3 OF 5
+ NHL® TEAM
|$12||1 in 1,425|
|MATCH 3 OF 5||$4||1 in 49.1|
+ NHL® TEAM
|$3||1 in 30.7*|
You must pay for each NHL® LOTTO ticket before the retailer can print the ticket and give the ticket to you. Retailers are not able to cancel a NHL® LOTTO ticket once it has been printed.
Players with tickets that have won instant prizes have the option of redeeming their instant prize immediately or waiting until after that night's draw . Players must claim prizes within 1 year of purchase.
NHL® LOTTO has 2 convenient ways of playing, allowing you to fully customize the experience.
- Quick Pick - Just ask the retailer for an NHL® Lotto ticket and the NHL® team and Lotto Numbers will be randomly generated by the lottery terminal.
- Selection Slip - Choose your own NHL® team and Lotto Numbers if you want to customize your play. Choose Quick Pick for any item you want randomly generated by the lottery terminal.
- Current NHL® teams
NHL® lotto ticket
- The time the ticket was printed will be at the top of every NHL® LOTTO ticket.
- The instant win message shown after the animation has played on screen indicates if the ticket is a winner or a non-winner of an instant prize.
- One NHL® team and five Lotto Numbers will be printed on the ticket for the nightly draw. These can either be randomly generated with a Quick Pick selection or manually selected with a Selection Slip.
NHL® LOTTO tickets include some new features not seen on tickets from other Lotto games.
redeeming your poker lotto ticket
Players with tickets that have won instant prizes have the option of redeeming their instant prize immediately or waiting until after that night's draw. Players must claim prizes within 1 year of winning.
If an instant prize is redeemed prior to the nightly draw, the retailer will provide the player with an Exchange Ticket that is valid ONLY for the nightly draw. The Exchange Ticket indicates that the instant prize has already been paid.
If an instant prize is redeemed after the nightly draw has been held, the instant win and the draw prize will be automatically combined and paid to the player.Standard OLG retailer encashment limits apply.
Unclaimed prizes from Ontario-only Lotto, Sports and Instant Games are directed to profits paid to the provincial government to benefit the people of Ontario.
Download the official NHL® LOTTO Game Conditions. Download the official Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Rules Respecting Lottery Games. While efforts are made to ensure that the rules and game conditions are accurate and up to date, they cannot always reflect changes. The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) reserves the right to change these game conditions and Rules Respecting Lottery Games, with or without notice and at such times and in such manner as OLG deems appropriate.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2016. All Rights Reserved.