PLAY AS A GROUP. WIN AS A GROUP.
PLAY AS A GROUP FOR MORE CHANCES TO WIN!
Become a Group Play Captain - get your friends, family, co-workers, team or even online buddies together and play. Because when you pool your money, you have more chances to win.
Group Play is a popular way to play the lottery. You can assist with the prize claims process by keeping records of your group play and following these guidelines.
Manage the membership of the group:
- Choose one person to act as the Group Play Captain to coordinate group members, collect payments and validate tickets.
- Record group participation - use the Lottery Group Play Form.
- Create a list of Group Play members for each draw.
- Clearly state the Jackpot amount, draw date, cost per play and cut-off time for payment.
- Record names of members for each draw.
- Prior to the draw, make a group decision about how much of the prize winnings will be split among the group and how much will be returned into future lottery ticket purchases.
- If you plan to go on vacation before a draw, make sure you pay your Group Play Captain in advance and have those payments documented.
- Agree on, and document, how member participation will work in the event of unexpected absences, such as illness or life events, that prevent a member from paying before a draw.
After the purchase of the Group Play ticket:
- The Group Play Captain should sign the ticket immediately after the purchase. Write "In Trust" by the signature line to show that this is a group play ticket.
- Make copies or computer scans of the ticket for each group member, so everyone has a copy of the selected numbers (see photocopied ticket information below).
- Save a copy, update and resend any new tickets to each group member every time the group plays.
- Check the ticket after the draw. If you believe you won the lottery, validate the ticket at an authorized retailer or call the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098 for more information.
Organize your group
It all starts here
Download the Group Play form to make it fast and easy to keep track of who's 'in.'
- Download the Lottery Group Play Form to manage your group purchases and play - then print it out or download it and fill in the details on your computer.
- Sign up to receive Jackpot alerts and winning numbers by e-mail.
- Download Jackpot posters available on this page to announce big Jackpots.
- Download winning numbers posters available on this page to announce draw results.
All lottery tickets must be signed before a retailer can validate them. The person who redeems the ticket for a group should sign the ticket and show that it belongs to a group of people by adding a phrase such as "In Trust." All names of members of a group should be recorded for each draw.
When photocopying Group Play lottery tickets for your group members, please make sure to fold the ticket just under the ENCORE number to display number selections only. Photocopied lottery tickets are not to be validated on OLG lottery terminals.
ATTENTION groups with retailers: Group lottery tickets are void if an OLG retailer or a person involved in the handling of lottery tickets at the retailer's store is a member of the group and the group's tickets are purchased, electronically checked or electronically validated in the retailer's store. For more information about Group Play, call the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
The Lottery Group Play Tips and Tools information contained on this website, including the Lottery Group Play Form, Jackpot Alert and Winning Numbers Posters, are made available by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) solely for the convenience of lottery group players in Ontario aged 18 or over. OLG assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the entitlement to any prize of any group or group member or for compliance with any laws which may prohibit or restrict groups playing lotteries or for the accuracy of any of the information at any time contained on the Lottery Group Play Form, Jackpot Alert or Winning Numbers Posters. The winning numbers that appear on this website do not constitute official winning numbers. Please contact your participating retailer for confirmation. OLG cannot warrant the accuracy of this information. Unauthorized use of the information contained on this website, including the Lottery Group Play Form, Jackpot Alert and Winning Numbers Posters, is strictly prohibited. Any changes in whole or in part to the displayed information must be approved in writing by OLG. All group members must be 18 years of age or older. For more information about Group Play or for prize-claiming instructions, visit olg.ca or call OLG's Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
OLG's goal is to ensure that the right prize is paid to the right person(s) every time. There are times when ownership of a lottery prize is disputed by the claimants and other parties. When an ownership dispute occurs, options are available,as follows. The parties involved may settle the matter privately, or by proceeding in the Ontario courts, or resolved through arbitration by an arbitrator appointed by the Chair of the Board of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). All parties to a prize dispute must agree to the process for arbitration to proceed. For more information on the AGCO arbitration process visit the AGCO website. Any party to a prize dispute is advised to obtain independent legal advice.