HOW TO BUY TICKETS
At the time of purchase
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a lottery ticket in Ontario.
- Always sign your lottery ticket as soon as you purchase it. For added protection, complete the information on the back of the ticket.
- Double-check your lottery tickets before leaving the retail counter:
- The numbers on your LOTTO ticket should match the numbers you chose on your selection slip.
- Your INSTANT ticket should be free of damage or defects. If your ticket seems unusually damaged, call the OLG Support Centre at
- Avoid making any extra markings on your ticket. Unknown markings can increase the time it takes to process your prize claim. The only information that should be written on the ticket is your signature or printed name and the personal information required to complete the back of the ticket.
- ATTENTION groups with retailers: Group lottery tickets are void if an OLG retailer or a person involved in the handling of lottery tickets at the retailer's store is a member of the group and the group's tickets are purchased, electronically checked or electronically validated in the retailer's store. For more information about group play, phone the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
Canadian and provincial laws restrict OLG's gaming activities to the Province of Ontario. Therefore, OLG does not sell lottery tickets outside of Ontario. OLG lottery tickets can only be purchased from an authorized OLG retailer in Ontario.