LOTTO ADVANCE SUBSCRIPTION
The Lotto Advance Subscription Service will be retired in 2013. As a first step of transitioning to a new service, the 12-month (104 draws) and 6-month (52 draws) subscription options were removed from LOTTO ADVANCE. As of May 17, 2013, subscriptions and renewals will no longer be available for the 3-month (26 draws) option. Customers can play LOTTO 6/49 up to 10-draws in advance with a single purchase at retail.
The final draw date for all LOTTO ADVANCE subscriptions will be the LOTTO 6/49 draw to be held on Saturday, September 7, 2013.
OLG will be introducing new, long-term lottery play services this year that will provide our customers with more games and more options in the fall of 2013.
1. Why can’t I buy or renew a three month LOTTO ADVANCE subscription after May 17, 2013?
We’re planning to retire the LOTTO ADVANCE subscription service and introduce a new option for extended play starting in September 2013. In making the transition from LOTTO ADVANCE to a new service, we are no longer offering three month subscriptions. We’re looking forward to offering a new service that will offer more games and more options for customers through lottery retailers and from OLG.
2. What are the new services/features you will be introducing this Fall, and when will these be announced?
Players will have the convenience of purchasing LOTTO 6/49 tickets up to 26 weeks (52 draws) in advance at lottery retailers. This new service will begin on Sept.15th 2013.
3. Will OLG offer a subscription service similar to LOTTO ADVANCE through its internet gaming platform?
Work is continuing on the lottery services that we will offer through our internet gaming platform, and so while we don’t yet have specific details, we want to offer customers more options and more convenience.
4. Will OLG offer any subscription service like LOTTO ADVANCE that can be purchased through an application that can be mailed in?
We believe that the new extended plays options at retail stores and the service that we will be providing on our iGaming website are better alternatives to a traditional paper-based subscription service such as LOTTO ADVANCE. These new services are quicker and offer more games and play options and so we are no longer offering a subscription service like LOTTO ADVANCE.
5. What other subscription options are still available?
Right now, the only option for customers to play multiple draws with a single purchase is the 10-draw Advance Play option at lottery retailers. If this option is selected LOTTO ADVANCE customers can also purchase Encore.
6. What is the last draw date for any LOTTO ADVANCE subscription?
All LOTTO ADVANCE subscriptions will end with the LOTTO 6/49 draw to be held on Saturday, September 7, 2013.
7. What will happen with any subscriptions that include draws after September 7, 2013?
Current subscribers received a refund cheque for any draws remaining on their subscriptions after September 7, 2013.
8. Does this mean that a new subscription service will be available before September 7, 2013?
We hope to be able to introduce a new service before that date, but at this time we cannot confirm exactly when something will become available. While the date for a new service to begin hasn’t been set, it’s important to have a clear break between the LOTTO ADVANCE subscriptions and any new service or feature.
9. How are subscribers being informed of these changes?
All subscribers have received a letter by mail. We also have information available on the LOTTO ADVANCE pages of our website. We have also informed lottery retailers through our retailer newsletters.
10. What is going to be done with my personal information when I am no longer a subscriber of OLG?
11. Will OLG honour my LOTTO ADVANCE prize cheque after September 7, 2013?
At all times OLG honours the prize cheques that it issues.
12. I am the leader of a large group of people. How do I split a refund cheque?
While we promote Group Play as an option for lottery players, we always note that players have to make their own arrangements for how their groups purchase tickets and share any winnings. We suggest that you discuss with your group how best to distribute or use the refund.