“OLG.ca Black Friday $10,000 Sweepstakes”
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
November 24 – November 28, 2022
- 1.1 These Promotion Specific Terms (the “Promotion Specific Terms”) contain the specific terms and conditions which govern the “OLG.ca Black Friday $10,000 Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”). By opting-in to this Promotion, a Player, Prospective Player, Intending Player, or any other user (as applicable) (all the foregoing, hereinafter an “Individual”) is confirming that they understand, accept, and agree to be bound by these Promotion Specific Terms which govern this Promotion.
- 1.2 This Promotion is intended to be conducted separately and with a distinct set of Promotion Specific Terms from all other promotions being administered by OLG, save and except for the “World Soccer Promo: Bet $15 on PROLINE+, Get a $50 Sports Bonus” (“Sports Bonus”), the “Spend $10 on Lottery Tickets at OLG.ca, Get a $20 Lottery Bonus” (“Lottery Bonus”) and the “100% First Deposit Match Bonus – Up to $1500 in Casino Bonus” (Casino Bonus), which shall be conducted in conjunction with this Promotion.
- 1.3 By opting-in in accordance with Section 6.1, the Eligible Participant confirms that they understand, accept and agree that, if the Eligible Participant becomes an Eligible Winner, OLG may publish the first name and last name initials of the Eligible Participant, their town/city, the Prize(s) they have won and the date on which such Prize(s) were won, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of OLG in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet on OLG.ca. If the Eligible Participant does not agree with the foregoing in this Section 1.3, they are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- 1.4 This Promotion is subject to the General Terms and conditions which may be found here. The General Terms and the Terms governing the Sports Bonus, the Lottery Bonus, and the Casino Bonus, are hereby incorporated into and form part of these Promotion Specific Terms. OLG may revise the Promotion Specific Terms from time to time and in such a manner as OLG, acting in its sole discretion, determines to be appropriate. Any conflict or inconsistency between these Promotion Specific Terms and the General Terms shall be resolved in accordance with the General Terms. Any capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the General Terms.
- 1.5 The General Terms contain the terms and conditions that govern, among other things, Merged Bonuses, Wager Requirements, Wager Periods, and Qualifying Requirements. If an Individual does not agree with these Promotion Specific Terms of the General Terms, they must (i) not opt in to the Promotion; or (ii) immediately opt-out of the Promotion in accordance with Section 6.2.
2 Promotion Eligibility
- 2.1 The Promotion is available in Ontario only and only to those residing in Ontario who (at the time of participation):
- are nineteen (19) years of age or older if entering with the Sports Bonus or Casino Bonus, or eighteen (18) years of age of older if entering with the Lottery Bonus, or entering through the No Purchase Necessary option;
- have a valid Player Account on OLG.ca that is in good standing in accordance with the Player Agreement and has not been archived, registered for My PlayBreak, or deactivated (“Eligible Participant”).
- 2.2 Volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OLG, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and any of OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- 2.3 In the event that an Individual does not meet the eligibility requirements as set forth herein, OLG has the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or disqualify the Individual from participating in this Promotion. The disqualified Individual will not be entitled to any Bonus, Entry, or any other substitute benefit due to such disqualification.
3 Promotion Period
- 3.1 This Promotion commences on November 24, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. ET and ends on November 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
- 3.2 An Eligible Participant may earn an Entry (as defined in Section 7) for this Promotion from the time they successfully opt-in to the Promotion in accordance with Section 6.1 until November 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (“Entry Period”). An Eligible Participant cannot earn any Entry for this Promotion outside of the Entry Period.
4 Odds, No Purchase Necessary
- 4.1 The odds of winning a Prize in this Promotion vary depending on number of Entries received by OLG during the Promotion Period.
- 4.2 THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION.
- 5.1 There is a total of one (1) Prize available to be won in this Promotion as described below:
- 5.2 The Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- 5.3 In the event the Prize cannot be awarded as originally contemplated by these Promotion Specific Terms for circumstances outside of OLG’s control, OLG may, in its discretion, substitute the Prize of equal or greater approximate retailer value. No substitutions are to be made except at OLG’s election. Except as specifically provided herein, an unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
|Prize||Number Available||Approximate Retail Value of Each Prize|
|1.||Ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) CAD in Unutilized Funds credited to the Cash Balance of the Eligible Participant’s Player Account (“The Prize”)||1||$10,000.00|
6 How to Participate
- 6.1 In order to participate in this Promotion, an Eligible Participant within the Promotion Period, must successfully satisfy the requirements in respect of either:
- 6.2 Upon a successful opting-in to this Promotion, Eligible Participants may start earning an Entry. If the Eligible Participant no longer wishes to participate in the Promotion after completing the steps set out in Section 6.1, they must opt-out from the Promotion by contacting Player Support through the “Contact Us” page by November 29, 2022 at 10:00 a.m., ET.
7 How to Earn an Entry
An Eligible Participant who has opted-in in accordance with Section 6.1 will earn their Entry for this Promotion (each, an "Entry", and collectively, the “Entries”) by using Unutilized Funds to wager or purchase ticket(s) (“Spend”) in respect of a Game, during the Entry Period, in accordance with the conditions set out below:
- a. An Eligible participant will earn one (1) Entry upon completing their Qualifying Wager in accordance to the Qualifying Requirements below. An Eligible Participant may earn a maximum of one (1) Entry during the Entry Period in respect to the Prize, regardless of the number of qualifying Spends.
- Lottery Bonus: Spend no less than $10 on Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online, or;
- Casino Bonus: Make a First Deposit of at least $15, and wager at least $15 in Casino play, or;
- Sports Bonus: Place a wager or a series of wagers, with an aggregate amount of at least $15 on a Sports Betting Game Played Online.
- b. An Eligible Participant who becomes a Self-Excluded Individual (as defined in the Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Policy), after having opted-in to this Promotion pursuant to Section 6.1 , shall be disqualified from the Promotion immediately and will not be entitled to any Bonus Funds, Entry, Prize or any other substitute benefit due to such disqualification, unless they were a Selected Participant prior to self-excluding, in which case the Selected Participant would be eligible to receive the Prize. If the Eligible Participant becomes a Self-Excluded Individual prior to the Sweepstakes Prize Draw of which they are a participant, any Entry earned prior to the date of self-exclusion within the Promotion Period will be void.
- c. An Eligible Participant who enters a Break (as defined in the Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Policy) during the Promotion Period, after having opted-in to this Promotion pursuant to Section 6.1, shall not be eligible, during the time period of the Break, to earn an Entry or participate in the Sweepstakes Prize Draw, as applicable, for a chance to win a Prize. For certainty, an Eligible Participant will be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes Prize Draw if they are not on a Break during that time and have earned an Entry in respect of such draws.
- d. Any wager on or purchase of tickets for Games that are not in accordance with Section 6.1(a) will not qualify for Entry into this Promotion. OLG, in its sole discretion, shall determine whether a given wager or purchase is eligible for Entry.
8 No Purchase Necessary Option
An Eligible Participant is not required to make any purchase or wager any Unutilized Funds to participate in this Promotion. If an Eligible Participant wishes to participate in this Promotion without such purchase or wager, they may:
- a. Print their first name, last name, telephone number and complete mailing address (including postal code) on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage) along with a one hundred (100) or more word, unique and original handwritten, essay (the "Essay") on why they like a particular online casino slot game or favorite sport on PROLINE+ or particular Lottery games to: Digital Product Management – Acquisition, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, OLG.ca, 4120 Yonge Street, North York, ON M2P 2B8 (the "Request"). The Essay must include the Eligible Participant's OLG.ca username and address as registered on the Eligible Participant's Player Account. Each Request will be deemed to have been made on the day it was received by OLG.
- b. To be eligible to earn an Entry, any Request that an Eligible Participant submits must: (i) be received separately, each in a separate envelope each bearing sufficient postage (e.g., multiple Requests in the same envelope will be void); (ii) be post-marked during the Promotion Period and received by OLG during the Promotion Period; and (iii) specify the name of this Promotion, “OLG.ca Black Friday $10,000 Sweepstakes” Requests that do not meet the requirements contemplated in this Section 6.4(b) are not eligible to earn an Entry.
- c. The Eligible Participant will earn one (1) Entry for one (1) Request submitted in accordance with Sections 8(a) and (b). An Eligible participant may earn a maximum of one (1) Entry during the Promotion Period for the Sweepstakes Prize Draw, regardless of the number of Requests submitted.
- d. In no event can an Eligible Participant combine the No Purchase Necessary Option and the Spend option to obtain Entries that exceed the maximum amount of Entries noted in Sections 7(a) and 8(c).
9 Selection Process
- 9.1 Sweepstakes Prize Draw: On November 30, 2022 at approximately 2:00 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario, three (3) Eligible Participants will be selected by a random draw, in accordance with Section 9.4, from all eligible Entries received by OLG during the Promotion Period.
- 9.2 For the purpose of the Promotion Specific Terms, an “Eligible Winner” is the earliest Selected Participant that has not been disqualified pursuant to the Promotion Specific Terms and is eligible to redeem the Prize, subject to Section 10.
- 9.3 The selection of Eligible Winners shall be determined as follows (each selected Eligible Participant, a “Selected Participant”):
- 9.4 Sweepstakes Prize Draw
- The first Selected Participant in respect of the Sweepstakes Draw Prize contemplated in Section 5.1 will be the Eligible Winner for the Prize.
- The next two (2) Selected Participants drawn as contemplated in Section 9.1 will act as Back-up Entries in the event that the first Selected Participant for the Sweepstake Prize cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, or fails to complete the Skill-Testing Question. The Back-Up Entries will replace the disqualified Selected Participants in descending order starting with the Grand Prize in accordance with the order in which the Back-Up Entries were drawn. If the Selected Participant and Back-up Entries cannot be contacted, are found to be ineligible, or fail to complete the Skill-Testing Question, additional draws will be conducted until an Eligible Winner is selected or there are no further Entries to draw from. In the event no Eligible Winner has been selected and there are no further Entries to draw from, no Grand Prize will be awarded.
10 Prize Redemption and Skill Testing Question
- 10.1 For the purpose of the Promotion Specific Terms, a “Winner” is an Eligible Winner who redeems the Prize by first completing the following requirements within timelines prescribed by OLG:
- the Eligible Winner must follow the instructions on claiming the Prize in accordance with Section 10.2;
- the Eligible Winner must confirm receipt of the OLG notification that he/she is the Eligible Winner in accordance with Section 10.3;
- if applicable, the Eligible Winner must satisfy the requirements in Section 10.5;
- if applicable, the Eligible Winner must satisfy the requirements in Section 10.6; and
- the Eligible Winner must correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question in accordance with Section 10.7.
- 10.2 An Eligible Winner will be initially notified of their status as an Eligible Winner and to arrange for redemption of the Prize by email according to the contact information associated with their Player Account within forty-eight (48) hours of the time of the Sweepstakes Draw. This notification will include a Skill-Testing Question as contemplated in Section 10.7. The second attempt will be made two (2) days after the first attempt and the third attempt will be made within five (5) days after the second attempt. The second and third notification attempts will be made either by email or telephone according to the Eligible Winner’s contact information associated with their Player Account. The Eligible Winner will be required to follow the instructions on claiming the Prize detailed in such email to remain eligible for this Promotion.
- 10.3 The Eligible Winner must confirm receipt of the OLG notification that they are the Eligible Winner, according to the instructions provided by OLG in its notification, within ten (10) days from the first attempt of contact to claim the Prize (“Prize Acknowledgement Deadline”). If the Eligible Winner fails to do so, they may lose any entitlement to the Prize and OLG reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Eligible Winner from the eligible Back-Up Entries that were received in accordance with Section 9.4 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Eligible Winner).
- 10.4 OLG will use reasonable efforts to notify the Selected Participants by telephone, email or mail, each of which according to the contact information registered on their Player Account, that they are an Eligible Winner and to arrange for the fulfilment of their Prize.
- 10.5 An Eligible Winner, when instructed by OLG, must execute, and return OLG's standard declaration and release form which, among other matters:
- Confirms their eligibility and compliance with the Promotion Specific Terms;
- Acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded);
- Releases OLG from liability in connection with the conduct of the Promotion and/or awarding of the Prize; and
- Agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of OLG in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- 10.6 In order to claim the Prize, the Eligible Winner may be required to present a valid government issued photo identification. If the Eligible Winner fails to do so, the applicable Prize may not be awarded and OLG has no obligation to award any substitute prizes or rewards.
- 10.7 An Eligible Winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (the “Skill-Testing Question”) without mechanical or other aid in order to claim the Prize. The Skill-Testing Question will be communicated to the Eligible Winner as part of the initial notification of the Eligible Winner’s status as Eligible Winner contemplated in Section 10.2. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, OLG may, in its sole and absolute discretion, administer an alternate test of skill as required to comply with applicable law (including applicable accessibility legislation).
- 10.8 If an Eligible Winner fails to respond to OLG in accordance with any of the instructions provided in a communication to the Eligible Winner, or if the Eligible Winner fails to correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question within the timeframes detailed by OLG, the Eligible Winner may be disqualified from the Promotion at OLG’s sole and absolute discretion.
11 General Terms
- 11.1 OLG reserves the right to deny an Entry or reject an Entry once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper.
For any questions relating to this promotion, please contact Player Support at [email protected] or by calling 1-855-978-7529.