General Bonus Fund Terms
- 1.1 These General Bonus Fund Terms (the “General Terms”) contain the terms and conditions which govern OLG’s promotional bonusing activities provided to Players on OLG’s OLG.ca online gaming platform. By opting-in to a Promotion, a Player, Prospective Player, Intending Player, or any other user (all the foregoing, hereinafter an “Individual”) is confirming that they understand, accept, and agree to be bound by these General Terms, as well as any promotion-specific terms (“Promotion Specific Terms”) which provide the specific terms and conditions which govern the promotion at issue (hereinafter referred to as a “Promotion”). If an Individual does not agree with these General Terms or Promotion Specific Terms, the individual must (i) not opt-in to the Promotion; (ii) opt-out of the relevant Promotion through their Player Account; or (iii) contact Player Support to remove themselves from the relevant Promotion.
- 1.2 OLG may revise these General Terms from time to time and in such a manner as OLG, acting in its sole discretion, determines to be appropriate. These General Terms may be subject to change during a Promotion that an Individual has opted in to. If this occurs, the General Terms as in force on the date the Promotion first became available shall govern. OLG will make reasonable efforts to notify an Individual through their Player Account of such changes.
- 1.3 These General Terms and any Promotion Specific Terms are incorporated into the Player Agreement - Terms and Conditions of Use for OLG.ca (“Player Agreement”). Terms not otherwise defined in these General Terms or in the Promotion Specific Terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Player Agreement.
- 1.4 In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these General Terms, the Player Agreement, or any Promotion Specific Terms, such conflict or inconsistency shall be resolved in the following descending order of priority:
- The Player Agreement;
- The General Terms; and
- The Promotion Specific Terms (unless a conflicting term specifically indicates that such term overrides these General Terms).
- 1.5 A summary of Bonus Funds can be found on the Bonuses and Promotions FAQ page. This summary is for illustrative purposes only.
- 1.6 In the event of any conflict, discrepancy, or inconsistency between the terms mentioned in Sections 1.4.a.-c. (“Terms”) and any statement or disclosure contained in any Promotion related materials or other statement made by or on behalf of OLG (including the summary linked in Sections 1.5 and 5.6), then the Terms shall govern and prevail to the extent of such conflict, discrepancy, or inconsistency.
The following terms have the respective meanings set out below, and grammatical variations of such terms have corresponding meaning:
- “Available Balance” means the notional funds corresponding to Canadian dollars that are available for wagering (or purchasing) as displayed to a Player during a particular Game. The Available Balance may include, depending on the availability of specific Bonus Funds in relation to the relevant Game, a combination of the Cash Balance, the Casino Bonus, and the Casino Games Specific Bonus, Sports Bonus, and the Lottery Bonus. For certainty, the Available Balance does not include funds available through the use of Direct Pay;
- “Bonus Balance” means the notional funds corresponding to Canadian dollars composed of the, Casino Bonus balance, Casino Games Specific Bonus, Sports Bonus balance, and the Lottery Bonus, but excluding the Cash Balance;
- “Bonus Funds” means a notional amount corresponding to Canadian dollars that is loaded into a Player Account by OLG. Bonus Funds, subject to these General Terms and Promotion Specific Terms, can be used by a Player to play Pay-to-Play Games or Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online, or Sports Betting Games Played Online (subject to the Promotion Specific Terms), without charge to the Player;
- “Cash Balance” means the notional funds corresponding to Canadian dollars credited to a Player Account (i.e. Unutilized Funds), but excludes the Bonus Balance;
- “Casino Bonus” means the notional amount corresponding to Canadian dollars credited to a Player Account which may only be used toward Pay-to-Play Games (i.e. casino style games) but excludes the Cash Balance;
- “Casino Games Specific Bonus” means the notional amount corresponding to Canadian dollars credited to a Player Account which may only be used toward the specific Pay-to-Play Game(s) detailed in the relevant Promotion Specific Terms;
- “Code” means the Promotional code provided to a Player by OLG that may be required to be entered by a Player into a field specified by OLG in order to opt-in to a Promotion;
- “Eligible Participant” means an Individual that is eligible to participate in a specific Promotion in accordance with such Promotion’s Promotion Specific Terms;
- “Game Contribution” means the proportion of a wager that is eligible toward the fulfillment of Wagering Requirements, as further detailed in Section 5.2;
- “Instant Games” means Games which typically mimic or are similar to “INSTANT scratch tickets” and/or are identified by OLG as “Instant” Games on OLG.ca;
- “Live Casino Game” means a casino-style Pay-to-Play Game in which the element of chance to win a Prize is generated through physical cards, wheels and/or other equipment and is presented to participating Players, in some instances by one or more live humans, through a live video stream. Examples of Live Casino Games include “Live Blackjack” and “Auto Roulette.”
- “Lottery Bonus” means the notional amount corresponding to Canadian dollars credited to a Player Account which may only be used toward Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online (i.e. lottery style games) but excludes the Cash Balance.;
- “Merged Bonus” describes one or more Promotions in which the Wagering Requirements and Wager Period have been combined, as further described in Section 8.1 of these General Terms;
- “Pay-to-Play Games Balance” means the combination of the Cash Balance, the Casino Bonus Balance, and the Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance displayed to a Player during Pay-to-Play Games, excluding Sports Betting Games Played Online, indicating the combined amount of Unutilized Funds and Casino Bonuses available to the Player for wagering while playing a specific Pay-to-Play Game;
- “Promotion Period” means the period of time in which the Promotion is redeemable by Player, as detailed in the Promotion Specific Terms;
- “Qualifying Requirements” means the criteria set by OLG that a Player must meet in order to be eligible to participate in certain Promotions;
- “Slot Games” means Pay-to-Play games that have the same or similar functionality as “slot machines” and typically have a reel-style player interface;
- “Sports Bonus” means the notional amount corresponding to Canadian dollars credited to a Player Account which may only be used toward Sports Betting Games Played Online but excludes the Cash Balance;
- “Table Poker” means a Pay-to-Play Game which mimics or is similar to a physical table-game in which a Player plays against the house and has a poker theme;
- “Total Balance” means a total of all notional funds credited to a Player Account, including combination of Cash Balance, Casino Bonus balance, Casino Game Specific Bonus, and the Lottery Bonus balance. For certainty, the Total Balance does not include funds available through the use of Direct Pay;
- “Wager Period” means the period of time in which a Player is required to meet the Wagering Requirements for a specific Promotion, as specified in the Promotion Specific Terms;
- “Wager Requirements” means the requirements, if any, detailed in the Promotion Specific Terms that a Player must meet in order to convert all or a portion of their Bonus Balance to their Cash Balance;
- “Video Poker” means a Pay-to-Play Game that mimics or is similar to a cabinet-style video poker Game where a Player plays a poker themed Game and is paid out based upon a defined pay-table;
3 General Terms Regarding a Player’s Balance
- 3.1 A Player may view their Total Balance at any time by accessing their “My Balance” section of their Player Account. Total Balances represent a combination of both Unutilized Funds and Bonus Funds available to the Player, however, only the Unutilized Funds contained in a Player’s Cash Balance may be withdrawn from the Player Account (subject to such Player’s compliance with the Player Agreement). Bonus Funds are not cash and cannot be withdrawn from a Player Account.
- 3.2 During play of a Pay-to-Play Game, other than a Sports Betting Game Played Online, the Player will be displayed the Balance consisting of the funds available for wagering on the specific Pay-to-Play Game. The Balance will display only the Bonus Funds available for wagering on the specific Pay-to-Play Game that the Player has open. The applicability and availability of certain Bonus Funds to certain Pay-to-Play Games is detailed in the Promotion Specific Terms related to such Bonus Funds.
- 3.3 A Player may need to refresh their Balance during Pay-to-Play Game play to reflect their current balance.
4 Funding Wagers and Crediting of Total Balance
- 4.1 Funding a Wager: funding a wager from a Player’s Available Balance for Pay-to-Play Games, excluding Sports Betting Games Played Online, shall occur in the following descending order of priority and subject to these terms, as applicable:
- If a Player has a positive Cash Balance of Unutilized Funds, then wagers made on Pay-to-Play Games are first deducted from the Cash Balance of their Total Balance;
- If no Unutilized Funds remain in the Player’s Cash Balance, then the wager amount is then deducted from the Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance (if such bonus is applicable to the relevant Game) of the Player’s Total Balance;
- If a Player has multiple Casino Games Specific Bonuses as part of their Total Balance, wagers will be first deducted from the Casino Games Specific Bonus that has the least amount of eligible Pay-to-Play Games available as detailed in the relevant Promotion Specific Terms to meet the bonuses’ Wagering Requirements;
- Once the Bonus Funds for the Casino Specific Games Bonus(es) referenced in Section 4.1.b.i. have been exhausted, then wagers for Casino Games Specific Bonuses shall be funded from the Casino Games Specific Bonus with the next lowest number of eligible Pay-to-Play Games as detailed in the relevant Promotion Specific Terms;
- If a Player has more than one Casino Games Specific Bonus with the same number of eligible Pay-to-Play Games, Bonus Funds will be first deducted from the Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance associated with the bonus first entered into by the Player (i.e. the “oldest” bonus in chronological order);
- If no funds remain in the player’s Casino Games Specific Balance(s), then the wager amount is deducted from the player’s Casino Bonus Balance of his/her Account. For greater certainty, the funds in a player’s Bonus Balance are only wagered once there are insufficient funds in the Cash Balance of the player’s Account to complete a wager.
- 4.2 Crediting to Total Balance: wagering and the resulting crediting of Unutilized Funds and Bonus Balances are subject to the following terms:
- Any funds won resulting from wagers made using funds from a Player’s Cash Balance will be credited to the Player’s Cash Balance as Unutilized Funds;
- Any funds won resulting from wagers made using funds from a Player’s Casino Bonus Balance will be credited to the Player’s Casino Bonus Balance as Bonus Funds;
- Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance with a Wagering Requirement will automatically be credited to the Player’s Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance as Bonus Funds;
- Any funds won resulting from wagers made using Bonus Funds from a Player’s Casino Bonus balance or Casino Games Specific Bonus balance with no Wagering Requirement will automatically be credited to a Player’s Cash Balance as Unutilized Funds;
- Any funds won resulting from wagers made using a combination of funds from the Cash Balance, a Casino Bonus with a Wagering Requirement, or a Casino Games Specific Bonus with a Wagering Requirement will automatically be credited, in direct proportion to the amounts used from each such balance to comprise the Player’s wager, to the Cash Balance, Casino Bonus balance, and Casino Games Specific Bonus balance respectively;
- Any crediting to a Cash Balance of Unutilized Funds are subject to the verifications required by OLG and as detailed in any Promotion Specific Terms or the Player Agreement.
- 4.3 Subject to the requirements to verify eligibility and the prize-claim thresholds established by OLG, any funds won resulting from Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online which were purchased using Direct Pay, Unutilized Funds from a Player’s Cash Balance, or from a Player’s available Lottery Bonus(es) will be credited to the Cash Balance of the Player’s Account as Unutilized Funds.
- 4.4 Where a player purchases a ticket for a Draw-Based Lottery Game Played Online using funds from their Available Balance, funds are first deducted from the Lottery Bonus balance of their Player Account. If no funds remain in the player’s Lottery Bonus balance of his/her account, then the funds will be deducted from Cash Balance of their account.
- 4.5 Any funds won resulting from wagers placed on Sports Betting Games Played Online using Unutilized Funds from a Player’s Cash Balance or from a Player’s available Sports Bonus(es) will be credited to the Cash Balance of the Player’s Player Account as Unutilized Funds.
- 4.6 Where a Player places a wager on a Sports Betting Game Played Online funds are first deducted from the Sports Bonus balance of their Player Account. If no funds remain in the player’s Sports Bonus balance of their Player Account, then the funds will be deducted from Cash Balance of their account.
- 4.7 Deposits of cash are always credited toward a Player’s Cash Balance. Any Bonus Funds provided through Promotions will be credited to the Bonus Balance of an Eligible Participant’s Account. Bonus Balance cannot be withdrawn for cash.
5 Wagering Requirements and Wager Periods
- 5.1 Wagering Requirements and Cash Withdrawals: Casino Bonuses and Casino Games Specific Bonuses may be subject to distinct wagering requirement with respect to the total amount of Unutilized Funds that a Player is required to wager to convert their Casino Bonus Balance or Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance to their Cash Balance. Wager Requirements may vary depending on the Promotion and are detailed in the Promotion Specific Terms governing a Promotion. Unless otherwise specific in Promotion Specific Terms, Wager Requirements are subject to the following:
- Subject to the priority of wagers detailed in Section 4.1 and the terms of Section 5.2 of these General Terms, wagers made from the Player’s Cash Balance or from the Player’s Bonus Balance are each eligible toward meeting Wagering Requirements; and
- if an Eligible Participant initiates a withdrawal of all or any portion of their Cash Balance then all Casino Bonuses and Casino Games Specific Bonuses subject to a Wagering Requirement that have not been converted to Unutilized Funds, including those bonuses associated with interrupted games and/or any Bonus Funds won resulting from the wager of any such Bonus Funds, will automatically be removed from the Bonus Balance of the Eligible Participant’s Player Account.
- 5.2 Proportion of Wager Eligible to Fulfill Wagering Requirements: Wagering Requirements may be met by the Player’s wager of both Bonus Funds or Unutilized Funds. Depending on the Game and subject to any Promotion Specific Terms, (i) all; (ii) only a portion; or (iii) none, of a Player’s wager will be eligible in the fulfillment of the Wagering Requirements to convert their Bonus Funds to Unutilized Funds in accordance with the following table:
Category of OLG.ca Games Percentage of wagers
that contribute to fulfilling
the Wager Requirements (“Game Contribution”)
All Slot Games
All Instant Games
All Casino Game Shows
All Blackjack games
All Table Poker Games
All Craps Games
Super Andar Bahar
10% All Roulette games*
All Video Poker games*
All Baccarat games*
0% Draw Based Lottery Games Played Online 0% Sports Betting Games Played Online 0% Any other Games not addressed in this table 0%
- 5.3 A Player may wager Casino Bonuses and Casino Games Specific Bonuses on the Pay-to-Play Games specified in the relevant Promotion Specific Terms, including those with a 0% Game Contribution, but wagers made on Games with a 0% Game Contribution are not eligible towards the fulfillment of Wager Requirements. For the avoidance of doubt, wagers of Unutilized Funds (deducted from the Cash Balance), Casino Bonus, and Casino Games Specific Bonus funds must be used on Pay-to-Play Games with greater than 0% Game Contribution for the purposes of fulfilling the Wager Requirements.
- 5.4 Casino Bonuses and Casino Game Specific Bonuses cannot be used toward the purchase of Draw Based Lottery Games Played Online or Sports Betting Games Played Online.
- 5.5 It is the Eligible Participant’s responsibility to monitor the progress on fulfilling their Wager Requirements to convert Bonus Funds to their Cash Balance and to familiarize themselves with the relevant Game Contributions for each Promotion. A Player may check the progress of meeting the Wager Requirements by selecting “Promotions” under the “My Account” drop-down menu and navigating to “Your Active Promotions” section to view the promotion Tile or promotion page for any Promotion. If a Player is playing a Pay-to-Play Game, they must refresh the “Your Active Promotions” page to ensure the progress toward meeting Wagering Requirements is up-to-date.
- 5.6 For a summary of the operation of Wagering Requirements and Game Contributions, please select the Bonuses and Promotions FAQ page.
- 5.7 Wager Periods: The Wager Requirements of Bonus Funds must be met within the time limits specified in the Promotion Specific Terms of each specific Promotion. Failure to meet the Wager Requirements within the Wagering Period will result in the expiry and automatic removal of:
- the Casino Bonus or Casino Games Specific Bonus from the Player’s Casino Bonus Balance or Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance; and
- any Casino or Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance won resulting from the expired/removed Bonus funds being wagered that have not been converted to Unutilized Funds will be removed from the Player’s Casino Bonus or Casino Games Specific Bonus balance, as applicable; and
- in case two Casino or Casino Games Specific Bonuses merge, the Wager Requirements and Wagering Period will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in Term 8.1.
- 5.8 Bonuses with no Wagering Requirements: Casino Bonuses or Casino Game Specific Bonuses with no Wagering Requirement(s) do not expire; however, Casino Bonus balances or Casino Specific Bonus balances will be removed from the respective balance(s) when a Player:
- opts into another Promotion which provides Casino Bonus or Casino Games Specific Bonus with a Wagering Requirement (which then will inherit the Wagering Period of the more recent Bonus as set forth in Article 9 of these General Terms); or
- the Player requests OLG to remove the Casino Bonus or Casino Game Specific Bonus from their Player Account.
6 Terms Specific to Lottery Bonuses
- 6.1 Lottery Bonuses can only be used for the purchase of Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online and cannot be used for Pay-to-Play Games, Direct Pay, lottery purchases made at an authorized OLG retailer, or any wagering at a casino location in Ontario. When purchasing tickets for Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online, the applicable Available Balance consists of both the Cash Balance and the Lottery Bonus balance and is displayed to the Player as the “Total Available” on the order summary page.
- 6.2 To the extent ticket purchases for Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online contribute to meeting a Qualifying Requirement in respect of a Promotion, purchases made through Direct Pay are eligible to contribute to meeting such Qualifying Requirement.
7 Terms Specific to Casino Games Specific Bonuses
- 7.1 Subject to this Section 7, Casino Games Specific Bonuses may only be used for eligible Pay-to-Play Games, and such eligibility shall be detailed in the Promotion Specific Terms related to the Promotion.
- 7.2 The balance available to a Player for Casino Games Specific Bonuses will appear as a separate line item in the Player’s Bonus Balance(s). The name of a Casino Games Specific Bonus is variable and set by OLG.
- 7.3 In some circumstances, the Casino Games Specific Bonus Balance (or a part thereof) may not be available to be used in relation to a particular Pay-to-Play Game. This may result in a discrepancy between the Total Balance, and the Pay-to-Play Games Balance, shown in the “My Balance” section of a Player Account and the Total Balance shown during the play of Pay-to-Play Games. For the avoidance of doubt, only the Available Balance will be displayed to a Player during their play of a Pay-to-Play Game.
8 Terms Specific to Sports Bonuses
- 8.1 Sports Bonuses can only be used for Sports Betting Games Played Online and cannot be used for other Pay-to-Play Games, for the purchase of Draw-Based Lottery Games Played Online, lottery or sports lottery purchases made at an authorized OLG retailer, or any wagering at a casino location in Ontario.
9 Merged Bonuses
- 9.1 Eligible Participants can only have one active Promotion with the same Casino Bonus or Casino Games Specific Bonus at a time. If the Eligible Participant has Bonus Funds in an existing Casino Bonus balance or Casino Games Specific Bonus balance, and attempts to redeem a subsequent Promotion with the same type of Bonus Balance (i.e. both Bonuses are Casino Bonuses, or both Bonuses are Casino Games Specific Bonuses), they will have the option to merge the bonuses. If the Eligible Participant chooses to merge:
- Bonus Funds and Wagering Requirements of the existing Promotion and subsequent Promotion will be added together forming a “Merged Bonus”; and
- the Wagering Period from the subsequent Promotion will become the new Wagering Period for the Merged Bonus. NOTE THAT THIS APPLIES EVEN IN SITUATIONS WHERE THE NEW WAGERING PERIOD IS SHORTER THAN THE PREVIOUS WAGERING PERIOD.
- 9.2 Merging Bonuses subject to Qualifying Requirements: Bonuses subject to a Qualifying Requirement and Wagering Requirements do not merge until the Qualifying Requirement is met and funds are provided to the Individual.
- 9.3 Example of Merged Bonus: by way of example only, if a Player has opted into a Casino Bonus of $10.00 in Bonus Funds with $20 Wager Requirement and the Wagering Period left is 7 days, and that Player then elects to redeem a subsequent Promotion of $5 in Casino Bonus funds with Wager Requirement of $5 and Wagering Period of 1 day, then the Merged Bonus will consist of $15 in Casino Bonus Funds, with Wager Requirement of $25 and a new Wagering Period of 1 day. The Player’s previous active Bonus status will change to “Merge Completed” in the Player’s “Bonus History” page, while the Player’s Merged Bonus will remain an “Active Bonus” appearing under the Player’s “Your Active Promotions” page in the Promotions Lobby
- 9.4 Merging Bonuses with no Wager Requirements: Casino Bonuses or Casino Games Specific Bonuses with no Wager Requirements do not expire unless they are merged with the same type of Casino Bonus or Casino Games Specific Bonus with Wager Requirements. For example: If a Player has opted into an existing Casino Bonus of $100 with no Wager Requirements and this balance is merged with a subsequent Promotion which is $100 in Casino Bonus funds with Wager Requirement of $100 and a Wagering Period of 7 days, the Casino Bonus funds will be added together to form a Merged Bonus, and the Player will have 7 days to wager $100 from the subsequent Promotion in order to convert the combined Bonus Funds to their Cash Balance. The Merged Bonus will then expire if the Wager Requirements are not met before the Wagering Period ends.
- 9.5 Lottery Bonuses and Sports Bonuses: Lottery Bonuses and Sports Bonuses are not subject to Bonus Merging.
10 General Terms
- 10.1 OLG may require that certain Qualifying Requirements, detailed in Promotion Specific Terms, are met prior to the Player receiving Bonus Funds (or other benefit) in a Promotion. Qualifying Requirements include, but are not limited to, a Player being required to wager a set amount of Unutilized Funds.
- 10.2 OLG may, at its discretion, provide Players Bonus Funds for customer service purposes, and such Bonus is subject to the terms of these General Terms or any other terms OLG may from time to time specify (including the requirement that certain Wagering Requirements be met, that the Bonus Funds must be utilized within a specific time period, or that the Bonus Funds are only eligible for certain Games).
- 10.3 In the event that a Promotion involves a contest or sweepstakes component, the details of such contest or sweepstakes shall be provided for in the relevant Promotion Specific Terms. This shall include, but not be limited to, the odds of winning, eligibility criteria, any applicable Qualifying Requirements, the area to which the contest or sweepstakes is available, and the approximate retail value of the prizes for the contest or sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, if a prize available in the contest or sweepstakes includes Bonus Funds then such Bonus Funds are subject to these General Terms.
- 10.4 The awarding and availability of Bonus Funds and Promotions; the Qualifying Requirements for a Promotion; the Wagering Requirements and Wagering Periods are all set and provided in OLG's sole discretion. The use of Bonus Funds may be limited to specific Games and specific periods of time, and Bonus Funds may expire and be cancelled if they are not used prior to a specified date or time. The applicable Promotion Specific Terms should be consulted. In addition, OLG may cancel Bonus Funds that have been provided to a Player Account at any time in its sole discretion.
- 10.5 The eligibility and identity of any Individual that participates (or attempts to participate) in a Promotion is subject to OLG’s verification at any time and for any reason. OLG reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to OLG) for: (i) the purposes of verifying an Individual’s eligibility to participate in any Promotion; (ii) the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of the Individual’s participation in a Promotion or other information related to any Promotion; and/or (iii) for any other reason OLG deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering a Promotion in accordance with these General Terms or Promotion Specific Terms. Failure of an Individual to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of OLG within the timeline specified by OLG may result in the disqualification of an Eligible Participant from participating in a Promotion.
- 10.6 Bonus Funds that have been obtained through fraudulent means or which are altered, reproduced, or irregular (all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion), are subject to forfeiture at the discretion of OLG. OLG is not responsible for entries, posts, Promotions, offers, communications, or prize claims which are lost, destroyed, misdirected, deemed unmailable, or delayed for any reason whatsoever, or for any incorrect or inaccurate data, any incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry, post or other information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, visual or printing errors, or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Where such failures cannot be corrected immediately or within a reasonable time frame (as determined by OLG in its sole discretion) to allow for a continuation of a Promotion, OLG may, at its option, use a manual back up system and/or disqualify the affected Eligible Participant from the Promotion.
- 10.7 Without limiting Section 14.1 of the Player Agreement, third-party data charges may apply to Individuals who choose to participate in a Promotion on a mobile device (e.g. a cellular phone) and/or through OLG’s Mobile Application(s). Individuals remain responsible for contacting their mobile service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before participating in a Promotion using a mobile device or through OLG’s Mobile Application(s). OLG is not responsible for any fees incurred due to an Individual’s participation in any Promotion.
- 10.9 OLG is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing any Promotion, or awarding any Bonus Funds in connection with a Promotion in the event of circumstances beyond OLG’s control, and OLG may, at its sole discretion, change or alter a Promotion (and/or amend these General Terms or the Promotion Specific Terms), as OLG deems necessary in its sole discretion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, OLG reserves the right to amend the timing of any element of a Promotion to satisfy any customer service or integrity issues resulting from uncontrollable circumstances, and this includes, but is not limited to, the right to similarly extend the time period(s) available to Individuals to receive and/or redeem Bonus Funds (including amending the Wagering Period) or to participate in a Promotion.
- 10.10 OLG assumes no responsibility for (i) the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, captured or recorded for any reason; any computer viruses, time bombs, logic bombs and any other implanted devices of a like or similar nature that may arise or occur in connection with the Promotion; problems with the function of any website, application, or website/application feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”; or any combination thereof, as a result of participation in this Promotion.
- 10.11 OLG may disqualify any Individual and seek damages or other relief, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from all Individuals responsible for any attempt to tamper, interfere with, or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of a Promotion.
- 10.12 No substitutions or equivalent payments of Unutilized Funds or cash will be made for any Bonus Funds or other benefit to be provided pursuant to any Promotion, except at OLG’s sole discretion. Except as specifically provided in any Promotion Specific Terms unclaimed Bonus Funds or other benefits arising from a Promotion will not be awarded. In the event that any prize or benefit under Promotion Specific Terms cannot be provided for reasons out of OLG’s control, OLG may, but is not obligated to, provide a prize or benefit of equal or similar value to the Eligible Participant.
- 10.13 Bonus Funds are non-transferable and non-assignable.
- 10.14 OLG may adjust any of the dates, timeframes or other Promotion mechanics stipulated in these General Terms or the Promotion Specific Terms for purpose rectifying any technical or other problems; or relating to the accommodation of Individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; or in light of any other circumstances which affect or may affect the proper administration of a Promotion (as determined by OLG), or for any other reason.
- 10.15 The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of any term within these General Terms or Promotion Specific Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these General Terms and Promotion Specific Terms shall remain in effect and shall be interpreted as if the valid or illegal provision were not contained herein unless OLG determines otherwise.
- 10.16 Individuals registered in My PlayBreak are not eligible for any Promotions. In the event an Individual registers in My PlayBreak prior to the completion of a Promotion or the fulfillment of the Wagering Requirements such Individual shall be disqualified from all Promotions. If an Individual initiates a “Break” (as defined in the Responsible Gambling and My PlayBreak policy) and the Break results in the Individual being unable to meet any Wagering Requirements in accordance with the relevant Promotion Specific Terms, the Bonus shall expire and the Player will not be eligible to redeem the Bonus, and no wagers made in furtherance of meeting those Wagering Requirements will be returned to the Player. No substitutions shall be made unless OLG deems otherwise.
- 10.17 By participating in this Promotion, each Individual hereby: (i) confirms compliance with these General Terms and any Promotion Specific Terms; (ii) releases OLG from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion and his/her participation therein; and (iii) agrees to be bound by the Limitation of Liability contained in Articles 15 and 17 of the Player Agreement. OLG will not be responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any delay, cancellation or other factor(s) that in any way impact any Promotion.
- 10.18 Every Code submitted is subject to verification in the sole and absolute discretion of OLG. Any Code that cannot be verified to the complete satisfaction of OLG, in its sole and absolute discretion, is subject to immediate disqualification, in which case the Promotion for any such Eligible Participant will be declared null and void and any Prize(s) associated with such Code(s) will be forfeited in their entirety.
- 10.19 It remains the responsibility of an Individual to ensure the email address associated with their Player Account is correct and remains current. OLG is not responsible for any failure of email delivery due to a Player’s outdated or incorrect contact information.
- 10.20 Any Individual who is confirmed as the winner of a Prize may have his/her first name and/or username and last initial posted on the OLG.ca.
- 10.21 Unless specified otherwise by OLG, all references to times in these General Terms and Promotion Specific Terms and dates reflect Eastern Time.
- 10.22 Headings in these General Terms are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of the terms contained herein.
- 10.23 These General Terms and all Promotion Specific Terms are subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, as applicable.
For any questions relating to these General Terms or Promotion Specific Terms, please contact Player Support through the “Contact Us” page, live chat, or by calling 1-855-978-7529.