Supplemental Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
Rules and Conditions to
Interprovincial Lottery Corporation Games
- 1. Pursuant to Section 1 (m)(ii) of the Rules and Regulations respecting Lotteries and Lottery Tickets (the “Rules”) established by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation (ILC), the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) hereby designates the following persons as Related Parties:
- 1.1 Members of OLG’s Board of Directors;
- 1.2 Full time, part-time and student employees of OLG;
- 1.3 Persons who are directly on OLG’s payroll;
- 1.4 OLG employees who are on paid or unpaid leave;
- 1.5 Individual consultants or public sector employees retained by OLG through contracts of retainer for periods of 30 calendar days or more in the aggregate;
- 1.6 persons under the age of 18 years.
- 1.7 Directors, officers, partners, and sole proprietors of OLG authorized retailers;
- 1.8 Paid or unpaid, full time, part time, and student employees of OLG authorized retailers.
- 2. Persons designated by OLG as Related Parties, pursuant to Sections 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 above are not eligible to participate, by themselves or as a member of a group, in a lottery in Ontario, including without limitation, purchasing a ticket, validating a ticket or receiving a ticket as a gift, and are not entitled to claim any prize in a lottery.
- 3. Persons designated by OLG as Related Parties, pursuant to Sections 1.7 and 1.8 above, who are engaged in any manner in the handling of tickets, including without limitation the activation, sale, validation or the redemption of tickets, are not eligible to participate, by themselves, on behalf of other Related Parties designated as such pursuant to Sections 1.7 or 1.8, or as a member of a group, in a lottery at the retailer location to which he/she is associated. For purposes of this paragraph 3, participate in a lottery means purchasing or acquiring a ticket at the retailer location to which he/she is associated, playing a ticket at that location, validating a ticket at that location, redeeming a ticket at that location, receiving a ticket acquired from that location, bringing a ticket into that location to play, validate or redeem, in each case, on behalf of another person, or permitting other persons to engage in any of the foregoing activities on behalf of the Related Party. If a Related Party participates in a lottery contrary to this paragraph 3, that Related Party will not be entitled to claim any resulting prize and the ticket(s) associated with such prohibited lottery participation will be void. OLG shall have no discretion to award a prize on such void ticket(s) or any other obligation in respect of such ticket(s).
- 4. Persons claiming entitlement to a prize are subject to the Rules, these Supplemental Rules and Conditions, and any applicable OLG policies.
- 5. In determining eligibility to participate in a lottery, the status of a Related Party will be determined as of the date of purchase of the lottery ticket or other means of participating in the lottery.
- 6. OLG will not pay or deliver any prize won/claimed by or on behalf of a Related Party resulting from that Related Party’s participation in a lottery, by themselves or as a member of a group, contrary to these Supplemental Rules and Conditions or any applicable policies.
- 7. Tickets purchased, received as a gift, or otherwise acquired, or electronically checked or validated in contravention of these Supplemental Rules and Conditions or contrary to any applicable policy are void. Void tickets, whether issued or not, shall not require any replacement or other prizes to be drawn. Void tickets are the property of OLG.
- 8. Unless otherwise specified by OLG, these Supplemental Rules and Conditions are effective as of April 1, 2021 and supersede the previous Supplemental Rules and Conditions.
Ce document est également disponible en français en composant le 1 800 387-0098.