LIGHTNING LOTTO GAME CONDITIONS
These Game Conditions apply, until amended or revised, to the LIGHTNING LOTTO lottery game.
1.1 LIGHTNING LOTTO is governed by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) Rules Respecting Lottery Games which are available upon request and which include limitations of liability.
1.2 Words used in the LIGHTNING LOTTO Game Conditions which are used in the OLG Rules Respecting Lottery Games shall have the same meaning as those used in the OLG Rules Respecting Lottery Games.
2.0 Game Participation
2.1 In LIGHTNING LOTTO:
- “Growing Jackpot” means a prize pool, as described in paragraph 4.1(c). The Growing Jackpot begins at a base amount and increases with every LIGHTNING LOTTO wager until it is won, at which time the Growing Jackpot immediately re-sets to the base amount;
- “Selection” means one set of five randomly generated Quick Pick numbers from the class of 49 consecutive numbers from one to 49 inclusive.
2.2 A player may participate by Quick Pick play only.
2.3 A player may request from one to five Quick Pick plays per ticket at a cost of $2 per play or a maximum of $10 per ticket.
2.4 Each Quick Pick play will generate three Selections.
2.5 A ticket is valid only for the draw date printed on the ticket.
2.6 A “winning ticket” is a ticket with Selections matching the winning numbers drawn, as set out in paragraph 4.1(a).
2.7 For each ticket requested and paid for, the on-line system will:
- generate three Selections for each Quick Pick;
- display on the customer display screen of the retailer’s terminal (when available):
- a LIGHTNING LOTTO animated graphic; and
- the alphanumeric identifier code (one letter and two numbers) generated for the wager.
- print a ticket which displays:
- the three Selections for each Quick Pick;
- the date of the draw for which the ticket is eligible;
- the alphanumeric identifier code (one letter and two numbers) matching the alphanumeric identifier code on the customer display screen;
- the five draw numbers plus one bonus number;
- the time (Eastern time) the ticket is printed by the retailer’s terminal;
- the dollar amount wagered;
- the estimated Growing Jackpot including the ticket’s contribution to the Growing Jackpot; and
- other information pertinent to the game.
2.8 The on-line system may randomly generate the same Selection more than once on the same ticket.
3.0 The Draw
Prior to the beginning of sales for each draw, the Corporation shall draw at random five unique numbers plus one unique bonus number, each number from the class of 49 consecutive numbers from one to 49 inclusive. The six unique numbers drawn for a draw will be the “winning numbers” for the sales that commence after such draw and will continue to be the “winning numbers” until a new draw takes place. If the Growing Jackpot is won, the Growing Jackpot will immediately re-set to the base amount of $125,000 and will begin to grow again with each subsequent wager. If the Growing Jackpot is not won for a draw, it will carry over to the next draw and continue to grow with every ticket sold until it is won. Sales begin and close as may be determined by the Corporation.
4.0 Prize Structure
4.1 Prize structure for the draw:
- Winning tickets for the draw are determined based on a player’s Selections matching the winning numbers drawn for the respective draw. Prizes are based on the following prize structure:
Prize Category Draw Prize Odds of Winning 5 of 5 Growing Jackpot $125,000 (minimum) 1 in 635,628 4 of 5 + Bonus $5,000 1 in 127,125.60 4 of 5 $250 1 in 2,956.40 3 of 5 $7 1 in 67.19 2 of 5 $2 1 in 4.80 Any Prize 1 in 4.47
- A winner is entitled to only one draw prize per Selection:
- If a ticket contains duplicate Selections which win any of the 4 of 5 + Bonus, 4 of 5, 3 of 5 or 2 of 5 prizes, the winner is entitled to the same prize for each duplicate Selection on the same ticket. For example, if the winning numbers are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and bonus number 6 and a ticket contains three identical Selections which include the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and bonus number 6, the bearer of that ticket is entitled to a total prize of $15,000 (i.e., $5,000 for each of the three identical Selections).
- If a ticket contains duplicate Selections which win the 5 of 5 (Growing Jackpot) prize, the winner is entitled to the Growing Jackpot amount for one of the Selections and is also entitled to the minimum Growing Jackpot amount of $125,000 for each of the remaining duplicate Selections on the same ticket. For example, if the winning numbers are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and bonus number 6 and a ticket contains three identical Selections which include the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the bearer of that ticket is entitled to a total prize of $375,000 minimum [i.e., the full amount of the Growing Jackpot for one of the identical Selections (which will be no less than $125,000) and $125,000 for each of the other two identical Selections].
- The minimum Growing Jackpot is $125,000. The Growing Jackpot increases by the dollar amount equal to 17.93 per cent of each LIGHTNING LOTTO wager until the Growing Jackpot is won, at which time the Growing Jackpot immediately re-sets to the minimum $125,000 and begins to grow again with each subsequent wager. There is no maximum dollar amount to the Growing Jackpot; notwithstanding the minimum Growing Jackpot of $125,000, the Growing Jackpot is dependent on LIGHTNING LOTTO product sales and timing of a 5 of 5 winning player Selection.
4.2 The LIGHTNING LOTTO estimated Growing Jackpot may be displayed on various media at retail, online at OLG.ca and on mobile applications (when available). All dollar amounts of the Growing Jackpot advertised by the Corporation are estimated and for information purposes only. In the event of a conflict of the LIGHTNING LOTTO estimated Growing Jackpot dollar amount between the central computer system and any advertised Growing Jackpot dollar amount, the information in the central computer system will govern.
5.1 A player must pay the retailer for his/her ticket, and the retailer must receive such payment, prior to the retailer delivering the ticket to the player.
5.2 A player may not request the ticket to be cancelled, and the retailer may not cancel it, after the ticket has printed.
6.1 The Corporation may amend these Game Conditions at any time and in any manner.
6.2 The headings in these Game Conditions are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of these Game Conditions.
6.3 Unless otherwise specified by the Corporation, these Game Conditions are confirmed to be effective as of October 13, 2020.
ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING CORPORATION
October 13, 2020