LOTTARIO LOTTERY GAME CONDITIONS
These Game Conditions apply, until amended or revised, to the LOTTARIO lottery game.
1.1 LOTTARIO is governed by the Rules Respecting Lottery Games of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (the “Corporation”) which are available upon request and which include limitations of liability.
1.2 Words used in the LOTTARIO Game Conditions which are used in the Rules Respecting Lottery Games shall have the same meaning as those used in the Rules Respecting Lottery Games.
2.0 Game Participation
2.1 A player may play one or more selections. For each selection the player shall select six numbers from the class of 45 consecutive numbers from one to 45.
2.2 A player may choose Combination Play as a means of choosing 6-number combinations, in such case the player may select to play:
- five numbers, in which case a player shall be deemed to have selected those five numbers with the 40 remaining numbers as the sixth number, and to have 40 6-number selections; or,
- seven numbers, in which case a player shall be deemed to have seven 6-number selections; or,
- eight numbers, in which case a player shall be deemed to have 28 6-number selections; or,
- nine numbers, in which case a player shall be deemed to have 84 6-number selections.
Where a Combination Play is selected, each 6-number combination selection made and paid for shall constitute a separate and individual selection of six numbers.
2.3 For each 6-number selection chosen, the on-line system shall choose for the player six additional computer-generated numbers from the class of one to 45. In the case of a Combination Play, if a player selects five, seven, eight or nine numbers, the on-line system shall respectively generate five, seven, eight or nine additional selections.
2.4 If the ticket is issued on or before 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the Friday preceding the date of a draw, it shall be identified as an Early Bird ticket for that draw. An Early Bird ticket is eligible for both the Early Bird draw and the Main Draw.
2.5 Quick Pick, Advance Play and Repurchase play are also available.
3.0 The Draw
3.1 On the date of a draw, the Corporation shall draw (“Main Draw”) at random and without repetition, six numbers (“winning number”) from the class of 45 consecutive numbers from one to 45, followed by a draw at random of one of the remaining numbers in the class (“bonus number”).
3.2 After the Corporation completes the foregoing draws, the Corporation shall then draw (“Early Bird draw”) at random and without repetition four numbers from the class of 45 consecutive numbers from 1 to 45 (“Early Bird number”).
4.0 Prize Structure
4.1 Prize Structure for Early Bird Draw
- If an Early Bird ticket matches all four of the Early Bird numbers drawn, the ticket is entitled to an Early Bird prize.
- The Early Bird prize pool shall be the sum of $50,000.
- The Early Bird prize shall be calculated by dividing the amount of the Early Bird prize pool ($50,000) by the number of Early Bird prize winners. When there is no Early Bird winner for a draw, the amount of the Early Bird prize pool shall be added to the first prize pool total (as defined in paragraph 4.2) for that draw.
4.2 Prize Structure for Main Draw
- The “First Prize Pool” for any draw means 51% of the dollar value of all tickets issued for that draw and not cancelled, plus (i) the amount of any rollover from the immediately preceding draw (as per 4.2 (e)), less (ii) the aggregate amounts of the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth prizes (iii) less $50,000, the amount of the Early Bird prize pool (unless added back as per paragraph 4.1(c)).
- With respect to any draw, where the selection matches the winning numbers drawn, each selection may only win one prize, and the one prize is determined based on all of the winning numbers matched by that selection. The prizes are:
Prize Categories Number of Winning Numbers Matched Prize Approximate Odds of Winning* First prize 6 of 6 First Prize Pool 1 in 4,072,530 Second prize 5 of 6 plus the bonus number $10,000 1 in 678,755 Third prize 5 of 6 $500 1 in 17,862 Fourth prize 4 of 6 plus the bonus number $30 1 in 7,145 Fifth prize 4 of 6 $10 1 in 386 Sixth prize 3 of 6 plus the bonus number $5 1 in 290 Seventh prize 3 of 6 $4 1 in 24.1 Eighth prize 0 of 6 plus the bonus number 1 (one) Free Play 1 in 8.1 Early Bird 4 of 4* $50,000 (share equally) 1 in 4967 Any Prize 1 in 5.8
- A Free Play prize shall consist of two (2) six-number Quick Pick selections for the LOTTARIO lottery game, for the upcoming draw after the Free Play prize redemption.
- If there is at least one first prize winning selection and the first prize pool is less than $250,000, the first prize pool is increased to $250,000.
- If for any draw there is no winner of the first prize, the amount shall be rolled over (the “rollover”) and added to the first prize pool for the next draw.
- The amount of the first prize, for any draw shall be the amount of the first prize pool divided by the number of winners who are entitled to share in such pool.
- For any given draw, the amount of the first prize pool may be increased by an amount determined by the Corporation.
- In making the calculations required by this section, the Corporation shall express the quotient resulting from such division in dollars and cents with the number of cents being rounded to the nearest ten cents or multiple thereof. Where the number of cents is less than five, the number shall be rounded down and where the number of cents is five or more, the number shall be rounded up. For greater certainty, aggregate prize amounts (such as the Early Bird prize pool amount) may be lower or higher than as set out elsewhere in these Game Conditions.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the amount of each prize awarded from the first prize pool shall not be less than $15,000.
5.1 The Corporation may amend the Game Conditions at any time and in any manner.
5.2 The headings in these Game Conditions are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of these Game Conditions.
5.3 Unless otherwise specified by the Corporation, these Game Conditions are confirmed to be effective and supersede previous Rules for the LOTTARIO lottery game as of November 8, 2015.
ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING CORPORATION
November 8, 2015