POKER LOTTO LOTTERY GAME CONDITIONS
These Game Conditions apply, until amended or revised, to the POKER LOTTO lottery game.
1.1 POKER LOTTO is governed by the Rules Respecting Lottery Games of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (the “Corporation”) which are available upon request and which include limitations of liability.
1.2 Words used in the POKER LOTTO Game Conditions which are used in the Rules Respecting Lottery Games shall have the same meaning as those used in the Rules Respecting Lottery Games.
2.0 Game Participation
2.1 In POKER LOTTO:
- “standard deck of playing cards” means fifty-two cards in total, consisting of four suits, with each suit having thirteen (13) rank cards;
- “suits” means ♣ (clubs or ‘C’), ♦ (diamonds or ‘D’), ♥ (hearts or ‘H’), and ♠ (spades or ‘S’);
- “rank” means an individual value of a card, consisting of thirteen (13) ranks, the value and ranking from low to high: 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10; Jack; Queen; King; and Ace, an Ace can be the highest or the lowest value card;
- “selection” or “Hand” means five cards from a standard deck of playing cards;
- “ALL IN” means an optional instant add-on feature to the POKER LOTTO lottery game;
- “growing jackpot” means a prize pool for certain ALL IN Prizes, as described in paragraph 4.2; the prize pool increases by a percentage of each ALL IN purchase and is reduced when either a Royal Flush or Straight Flush ALL IN Prize is awarded.
- the “cards” or “numbers” are as follows:
Two of Clubs
Three of Clubs
Four of Clubs
Five of Clubs
Six of Clubs
Seven of Clubs
Eight of Clubs
Nine of Clubs
Ten of Clubs
Jack of Clubs
Queen of Clubs
King of Clubs
Ace of Clubs
Two of Diamonds
Three of Diamonds
Four of Diamonds
Five of Diamonds
Six of Diamonds
Seven of Diamonds
Eight of Diamonds
Nine of Diamonds
Ten of Diamonds
Jack of Diamonds
Queen of Diamonds
King of Diamonds
Ace of Diamonds
Two of Hearts
Three of Hearts
Four of Hearts
Five of Hearts
Six of Hearts
Seven of Hearts
Eight of Hearts
Nine of Hearts
Ten of Hearts
Jack of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
King of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
Two of Spades
Three of Spades
Four of Spades
Five of Spades
Six of Spades
Seven of Spades
Eight of Spades
Nine of Spades
Ten of Spades
Jack of Spades
Queen of Spades
King of Spades
Ace of Spades
2.2 A player may participate by Quick Pick play only.
2.3 POKER LOTTO consists of an instant and draw component. Players may also add ALL IN by paying the price for POKER LOTTO and the ALL IN game. ALL IN may only be purchased with POKER LOTTO.
2.4 A player may request from one to three Hand(s) per ticket at a cost of $2 per Hand. A player may also add ALL IN at an additional cost of $1 per Hand played. The number of ALL IN plays must match the number of Hands on a ticket.
2.5 “winning ticket” for the:
- POKER LOTTO instant component of the game means a ticket that bears a selection (Hand) that matches an Instant Winning Poker Hand as set out in paragraph 4.2 (k);
- ALL IN feature of the game means a ticket which includes an ALL IN purchase and bears a selection (Hand) that matches an Instant Winning Poker Hand and a corresponding ALL IN Prize as set out in paragraph 4.2 (k);
- draw component of the game, a ticket that exactly matches the winning numbers drawn, as set out in paragraph 4.4 (a).
2.6 For each ticket requested and paid for, and for each Hand, the on-line system shall:
- choose for the player five cards from a standard deck of playing cards;
- display on the customer display screen of the retailer’s terminal (when available):
- each of the cards chosen for the Hand(s);
- the estimated growing jackpot amount.
- print a ticket that will display:
- each Hand played;
- the applicable draw date the ticket is eligible for;
- the time (Eastern time) the ticket is printed by the retailer’s terminal;
- the ALL IN logo and the word “PLAYED” when ALL IN is added;
- a message that will display whether the ticket is a winner on the instant component and ALL IN component (if applicable) of the game;
- the dollar amount wagered, which amount varies depending on the number of Hands requested, and if ALL IN is played; and
- other information pertinent to the game.
2.7 The on-line system will not issue the same Hand more than once on a ticket.
3.0 The Draw
Unless otherwise announced by the Corporation, on every day from Monday to Sunday, inclusive, the Corporation shall draw at random five (5) numbers from a range of fifty-two (52) numbers based on a standard deck of playing cards. The five (5) numbers drawn are referred to as the “winning numbers” for the draw component of the game.
4.0 Prize Structure and Liability Limit
4.1 POKER LOTTO prize structure for the instant component:
- Winning tickets for the instant component are determined based on the player’s Hand(s) matching the Instant Winning Poker Hand as defined in the prize structure as set out in paragraph 4.2 (k).
- A winning ticket of a Poker Lotto Instant Prize is entitled to only one instant prize per winning Hand as described in paragraph 4.2 (k).
- A free play Poker Lotto Instant Prize shall consist of only one (1) play for the POKER LOTTO lottery game for the next draw after redemption. For clarity, free play does not include the ALL IN component. Players will have the option of adding an ALL IN purchase to their free play ticket.
- A winning ticket of a Poker Lotto Instant Prize remains eligible to win a prize on the draw component of the game for that draw (see paragraphs 5.3 and 5.4).
4.2 ALL IN Prize Structure:
- Winning tickets for the ALL IN component are determined based on the player’s Hand(s) matching the Instant Winning Poker Hand and a corresponding ALL IN Prize as defined in the prize structure as set out in paragraph 4.2 (k).
- A winning ticket of an ALL IN Prize is entitled to only one instant prize per winning Hand as described in paragraph 4.2 (k).
- ALL IN winning Hands are limited to either a: Royal Flush; Straight Flush; Four (4) of a Kind; Full House, or Flush.
- ALL IN Prize(s) are in addition to the POKER LOTTO Instant Prize(s).
- The minimum growing jackpot amount is $10,000; the growing jackpot increases by a percentage of each ALL IN purchase and is reduced when either a Royal Flush or Straight Flush All IN Prize is awarded;
- There is no maximum amount to the growing jackpot; notwithstanding the minimum growing jackpot amount of $10,000, the growing jackpot amount is dependent on ALL IN product sales and chance timing of ALL IN Royal Flush and/or Straight Flush winning Hands.
- When a Royal Flush ALL IN Prize is won, the growing jackpot amount will return to the minimum amount of $10,000.
- When a Straight Flush ALL IN Prize is won, the growing jackpot amount will be reduced by 10%. If the growing jackpot amount is less than $11,000 and a Straight Flush win occurs, then the growing jackpot will return to the minimum amount of $10,000.
- For every $1.00 ALL IN play purchased:
- 25.2% contributes to the growing jackpot for the Royal Flush and Straight Flush ALL IN Prizes. Calculation determined with mathematical approximations and simulations and is therefore considered approximate.
- 24.8% contributes to fund the fixed 4 of a Kind, Full House, and Flush ALL IN Prizes.
- Where an ALL IN Prize is awarded, the amount includes the player’s ALL IN purchase contribution. Growing jackpots are calculated on a per Hand basis. For POKER LOTTO tickets with multiple ALL IN plays, each Hand’s potential ALL IN growing jackpot amount is calculated separately and in the order of the Hand displayed on the ticket.
- Prizes are based on the following prize structure:
|Instant Winning Poker Hand||Description||POKER LOTTO Instant Prize||ALL IN Prize*||Odds|
|Royal Flush||Five (5) cards, consisting of an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit, e.g.,
10♥ J♥ Q♥ K♥ A♥
10H JH QH KH AH
(Ten of Hearts, Jack of Hearts, Queen of Hearts, King of Hearts, Ace of Hearts)
|$5,000||100% of the growing jackpot amount
minimum growing jackpot amount: $10,000
|1 in 649,740|
|Straight Flush||Five (5) cards in rank order of the same suit, e.g.,
4♠ 5♠ 6♠ 7♠ 8♠
4S 5S 6S 7S 8S
(Four of Spades, Five of Spades, Six of spades, Seven of Spades, Eight of Spades)
|$500||10% of the growing jackpot amount
minimum amount: $1,000
|1 in 72,193|
|Four (4) of a Kind||Five (5) cards, consisting of four (4) cards of the same rank and one (1) card of another rank, e.g.,
9♥ 9♦ 9♣ 9♠ K♠
9H 9D 9C 9S KS
(Nine of Hearts, Nine of Diamonds, Nine of Clubs, Nine of Spades, King of Spades)
|$175||$175||1 in 4,165|
|Full House||Five (5) cards, consisting of three (3) cards of the same rank and two (2) cards of the same rank (but different than the rank of the first-mentioned three (3) cards), e.g.,
4♥ 4♣ Q♦ Q♣ Q♠
4H 4C QD QC QS
(Four of Hearts, Four of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Clubs and Queen of Spades,)
|$75||$75||1 in 694|
|Flush||Five (5) cards of the same suit, e.g.,
K♣ 10♣ 8♣ 6♣ 5♣
KC 10C 8C 6C 5C
(King of Clubs, Ten of Clubs, Eight of Clubs, Six of Clubs and Five of Clubs)
|$50||$50||1 in 509|
|Straight||Five (5) cards in rank order, e.g.,
Q♦ J♠ 10♦ 9♥ 8♠
QD JS 10D 9H 8S
(Queen of Diamonds, Jack of Spades, Ten of Diamonds, Nine of Hearts and Eight of Spades)
|$20||Not an ALL IN Prize||1 in 255|
|Three (3) of a Kind||Three (3) cards of the same rank and two different cards of any rank (but different than the rank of the first-mentioned three (3) cards) e.g.,
5♠ 5♦ 5♥ A♠ J♠
5S 5D 5H AS JS
(Five of Spades, Five of Diamonds, Five of Hearts, Ace of Spades and Jack of Spades)
|$5||Not an ALL IN Prize||1 in 47.3|
|Two (2) pairs||Two (2) cards of the same rank, another two (2) cards of the same rank (but different than the rank of the first-mentioned two (2) cards); and one card of any rank (but different than the rank of either the first-mentioned two (2) cards or the second-mentioned two (2) cards), e.g.,
8♦ 8♥ 2♥ 2♠ A♣
8D 8H 2H 2S AC
(Eight of Diamonds, Eight of Hearts, Two of Hearts, Two of Spades and Ace of Clubs)
|$2||Not an ALL IN Prize||1 in 21|
|Pair of Jacks or better (includes pair of Jacks, pair of Queens, pair of Kings, or pair of Aces)||Two (2) Jacks of any suit and three cards (excluding Jacks) of any rank, or Two (2) Queens of any suit and three cards (excluding Queens) of any rank, or Two (2) Kings of any suit and three cards (excluding Kings) of any rank, or Two (2) Aces of any suit and three cards (excluding Aces) of any rank, e.g.,
J♠ J♦ K♣ 9♣ 8♦
JS JD KC 9C 8D
(Jack of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs and Eight of Diamonds)
Q♦ Q♣ J♣ 10♣ 2♣
QD QC JC 10C 2C
(Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Clubs, Jack of Clubs, Ten of Clubs and Two of Clubs)
K♣ K♠ J♣ 7♥ 4♦
KC KS JC 7H 4D
(King of Clubs, King of Spades, Jack of Clubs, Seven of Hearts and Four of Diamonds)
A♠ A♥ Q♦ 10♣ 3♥
AS AH QD 10C 3H
(Ace of Spades, Ace of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds, Ten of Clubs and Three of Hearts)
|One (1) free play||Not an ALL IN Prize||1 in 7.7|
*ALL IN Prizes are in addition to the POKER LOTTO Instant Prizes
4.3 An ALL IN estimated growing jackpot amount may be displayed on the customer display screen of the retailer’s terminal, www.olg.ca, and m.olg.ca (when available). All advertised amounts of the growing jackpot are estimated and for information purposes only. In the event of a conflict of the ALL IN estimated growing jackpot amount between the central computer system and any advertised amount, the information in the central computer system will govern.
4.4 Prize structure for the draw component
- Winning tickets for the draw component are determined based on the player’s selection (Hand) and the winning numbers drawn for that draw. Prizes are based on the following fixed prize structure:
Draw Prize Categories (Number of cards matched to the Winning Draw Numbers in any order) Prize* Odds 5 of 5 $100,000 1 in 2,598,960 4 of 5 $500 1 in 11,059 3 of 5 $25 1 in 240 2 of 5 $5 1 in 16
- A winner of a draw prize is entitled to only one draw prize per Hand.
- The Corporation limits the total prize amount payable on the draw portion of the game (5 of 5, 4 of 5, 3 of 5 and 2 of 5) to one million dollars ($1,000,000) per draw. Should the aggregate of the prizes on the draw portion of the game that are available to be won by all winning tickets in any draw result in the draw portion of the game exceeding one million dollars ($1,000,000), the prize amounts on the draw portion of the game are reduced and are determined in proportion to the amount that would, except for this provision, otherwise have been won on the draw.
5.1 A player must pay the retailer for his/her ticket, and the retailer must receive such payment, prior to the retailer delivering the ticket to the player. It is the responsibility of the player to request ALL IN plays prior to making payment for the ticket.
5.2 A player may not request the ticket to be cancelled, and the retailer may not cancel it, after the ticket has printed.
5.3 POKER LOTTO Instant Prize(s) and/or ALL IN Prize(s), as described in paragraph 4.2 (k), may be awarded before the draw, after the ticket is issued and payment for the ticket is received.
5.4 When an instant winning ticket is redeemed before the draw has taken place, the Corporation shall deliver to the player a ticket receipt (an Exchange Ticket) for the corresponding draw and a validation slip (customer receipt) containing information relating to the POKER LOTTO Instant Prize(s) and/or ALL IN Prize(s) already redeemed.
6.1 The Corporation may amend the Game Conditions at any time and in any manner.
6.2 The headings in these Game Conditions are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of these Game Conditions.
6.3 Unless otherwise specified by the Corporation, these Game Conditions are confirmed to be effective as of May 4, 2014.
ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING CORPORATION
May 4, 2014