“Powerbucks Arctic Gems Sweepstakes Promo”
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
February 14, 2022 – February 21, 2022
- 1.1 These Promotion Specific Terms (the “Promotion Specific Terms”) contain the specific terms and conditions which govern the ““Powerbucks Arctic Gems Sweepstakes Promo”” promotion (the “Promotion”). By opting-in to this Promotion, a Player, Prospective Player, Intending Player, or any other user (as applicable) (all the foregoing, hereinafter an “Individual”) is confirming that they understand, accept, and agree to be bound by these Promotion Specific Terms which govern this Promotion.
- 1.2 This Promotion is subject to the General Terms and conditions which may be found here. The General Terms are hereby incorporated into and form part of these Promotion Specific Terms. Any conflict or inconsistency between these Promotion Specific Terms and the General Terms shall be resolved in accordance with the General Terms, unless otherwise specified in these Promotion Specific Terms in accordance with Section 1.4 of the General Terms. Any capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the General Terms.
- 1.3 The General Terms contain the terms and conditions that govern, among other things, Merged Bonuses, Wager Requirements, Wager Periods, and Qualifying Requirements. If an Individual does not agree with these Promotion Specific Terms of the General Terms, they must (i) not opt in to the Promotion; or (ii) immediately opt-out of the Promotion.
- 1.4 This Promotion is intended to be conducted separately and with a distinct set of Promotion Specific Terms from all other promotions being administered by OLG.
2 Promotion Eligibility
- 2.1 The Promotion is available in Ontario only and only to those residing in Ontario who (at the time of participation):
- are nineteen (19) years of age or older;
- have a valid Player Account that is in good standing in accordance with the Player Agreement and has not been archived, self-excluded or deactivated (“Eligible Participant”).
Volunteers, employees, officers and directors (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of OLG, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and any of OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- 2.2 In the event that an Individual does not meet the eligibility requirements as set forth herein, OLG has the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or disqualify the participant from participating in this Promotion. The disqualified Individual will not be entitled to any Bonus or other substitute benefit due to such disqualification.
3 Promotion Period
- 3.1 This Promotion is available from February 14, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. until February 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Promotion Period”).
- 3.2 An Eligible Participant may earn Entries for this Promotion upon successfully Opting-in to the Promotion in accordance with Section 6.1 until February 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m (“Entry Period”). An Eligible Participant cannot earn Entries for this Promotion outside of the Entry Period.
4 Odds, No Purchase Necessary
- 4.1 The odds of winning a Prize in this Promotion vary depending on number of Entries received by OLG during the Entry Period.
- 4.2 THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION.
- 5.1 There is a total of five 5 prizes available in this Promotion as described below (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”):
Prizes Number Available Approximate Retail Value of Each Prize
$25,000.00 in Unutilized Funds credited to the Cash Balance of the Eligible Participant’s Player Account (“Grand Prize”)
$10,000.00 credited to the Cash Balance of the Eligible Participant’s Player Account (“Second Place Prize”)
$5,000.00 credited to the Cash Balance of the Eligible Participant’s Player Account (“Third Place Prize”)
- 5.2 There is a limit of one (1) Prize per Eligible Participant.
- 5.3 Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- 5.4 In the event a Prize cannot be awarded as originally contemplated by these Promotion Specific Terms for circumstances outside of OLG’s control, OLG may, in its discretion, substitute a Prize of equal or greater approximate retailer value. No substitutions are to be made except at OLG’s election. Except as specifically provided herein, an unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
6 How to Participate
- 6.1 How to Opt-In: To Opt-In to this Promotion, an Eligible Participant must opt-in (“Opt-In”) to the Promotion during the Promotion Period detailed in Section 3.2 in accordance with this Section 6 as follows:
- Eligible Participants must log-in to their Player Account;
- Eligible Participants must navigate to the “Promotions Lobby” and opt-in to the Promotion by selecting “Opt In” on the promotion tile (“Promotion Tile”) or an Eligible Participant may navigate to the “Promotion Detail Page” and select the “Opt-In” button;
- Eligible Participants may only Opt-In to the Promotion one (1) time;
- Upon opting-in, Eligible Participants will be presented a notification indicating that their Opt-In was successful. The Promotion Tile will then appear in the Eligible Participant’s “Your Active Promotions” section of their Player Account.
- 6.2 Upon a successful Opting-In to this Promotion, Eligible Participants may start earning Entries. If the Eligible Participant no longer wishes to participate in the Promotion after completing the steps set out in Section 6.1, they must opt-out from the Promotion by contacting Player Support through the “Contact Us” page.”
- 6.3 How to Earn Entries: An Eligible Participant will earn entries for this Promotion (each, an "Entry", and collectively, the "Entries") by wagering or making a purchase(s), in each case, by using Unutilized Funds during the Entry Period, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below:
- An Eligible Participant will earn one (1) Entry for every $5.00 of Unutilized Funds wagered on the Pay-to-Play Game, “Powerbucks Arctic Gems.”
- An Eligible Participant can earn a maximum of two hundred and fifty (250) Entries during the Entry Period.
- 6.4 No Purchase Necessary Option: An Eligible Participant is not required to make any purchase or wager any Unutilized Funds to participate in this Promotion. If an Eligible Participant wishes to participate in this Promotion without such purchase or wager, they may:
- Print their first name, last name, telephone number and complete mailing address (including postal code) on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage) along with a one hundred (100) or more word, unique and original handwritten, essay (the "Essay") on why they like a particular online casino slot game to: Digital Product Management – Retention, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, OLG.ca, 4120 Yonge Street, North York, ON M2P 2B8 (the "Request"). The Essay must include the Eligible Participant's OLG.ca username and address as registered on the Eligible Participant's Player Account. Each request will be deemed to have been made on the day it was received by OLG.
- To be eligible, any Request that an Eligible Participant submits must: (i) be received separately, each in a separate envelope each bearing sufficient postage (e.g., multiple Requests in the same envelope will be void); (ii) be post-marked during the Promotion Period and received by OLG during the Promotion Period; and (iii) specify the name of this Promotion, “Powerbucks Arctic Gems Sweepstakes Promo” (Requests that fail to specify are void);
- The Eligible Participant will earn one (1) Entry for each unique Essay submitted, until they earn the maximum of two hundred and fifty (250) Entries during the Promotion Period; and
- In no event can an Eligible Participant combine Requests and the purchase/wager option of obtaining Entries to exceed the amount of Entries noted in term 6.3.b., above.
7 Selection Process
- 7.1 On February 23, 2022 at approximately 2:00 p.m. in Toronto, Ontario, fifteen (15) Eligible Participants will be selected by a random draw (the “Prize Draw”) from all eligible Entries received by OLG in accordance with these Promotion Specific Terms.
- 7.2 For the purpose of the Promotion Specific Terms, an “Eligible Winner” is the earliest Selected Participant that has not been disqualified pursuant to the Promotion Specific Terms and is eligible to redeem a Prize, subject to Section 8.
- 7.3 The selection of winners shall be determined as follows (each a “Selected Participant”):
- The first selected Eligible Participant drawn will be the Eligible Winner for one (1) Grand Prize;
- The next second one (1) selected Eligible Participant drawn will be the Eligible Winner for one (1) Second Place Prize;
- Each of the next three (3) selected Eligible Participants drawn will be the Eligible Winner for one (1) Third Place Prize; and
- The next ten (10) Eligible Participants will be drawn as back-up entries (“Back-up Entry”) in the event one of the first five (5) Selected Participants cannot be contacted, are found to be ineligible, or fails to complete the Skill-testing Question. The Back-Up Entry will replace the disqualified Selected Participants in descending order starting with the Grand Prize in accordance with the order in which the Back-Up Entries were drawn.
8 Prize Redemption and Skill Testing Question
- 8.1 For the purpose of the Promotion Specific Terms, a “Winner” is an Eligible Winner who redeems the Prize by first completing the following requirements within timelines prescribed by OLG:
- the Eligible Winner must follow the instructions on claiming the Prize in accordance with Section 8.2;
- the Eligible Winner must confirm receipt of the OLG notification that he/she is the Eligible Winner in accordance with Section 8.3;
- if applicable, the Eligible Winner must satisfy the requirements in Section 8.5;
- if applicable, the Eligible Winner must satisfy the requirements in Section 8.6; and
- the Eligible Winner must correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question in accordance with Section 8.7.
- 8.2 An Eligible Winner will be initially notified of their status as an Eligible Winner and to arrange for redemption of the Prize by email according to the contact information associated with their Player Account within forty-eight (48) hours of the time of the Prize Draw. This notification will include a Skill-Testing Question as contemplated in Section 8.7. The second attempt will be made two (2) days after the first attempt and the third attempt will be made within five (5) days after the second attempt. The second and third notification attempts will be made either by email or telephone according to the Eligible Winner’s contact information associated with their Player Account. The Eligible Winner will be required to follow the instructions on claiming the Prize detailed in such email to remain eligible for this Promotion.
- 8.3 The Eligible Winner must confirm receipt of the OLG notification that they are the Eligible Winner, according to the instructions provided by OLG in its notification, within ten (10) days from the first attempt of contact to claim the Prize (“Prize Acknowledgement Deadline”). If the Eligible Winner fails to do so, they may lose any entitlement to the Prize and OLG reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Eligible Winner from the eligible Back-Up Entries that were received in accordance with these Promotion Specific Terms (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Eligible Winner).
- 8.4 OLG will use reasonable efforts to notify the Selected Participants by telephone, email or mail, each of which according to the contact information registered on their Player Account, that they are an Eligible Winner and to arrange for the fulfilment of their Prize.
- 8.5 An Eligible Winner, when instructed by OLG, must execute, and return OLG's standard declaration and release form which, among other matters:
- confirms their eligibility and compliance with the Promotion Specific Terms;
- acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded);
- releases OLG from liability in connection with the conduct of the Promotion and/or the awarding of the Prize; and
- agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of OLG in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- 8.6 In order to claim the Prize, the Eligible Winner may be required to present a valid government issued photo identification. If the Eligible Winner fails to do so, the applicable Prize may not be awarded and OLG has no obligation to award any substitute prizes or rewards.
- 8.7 An Eligible Winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (the “Skill-Testing Question”) without mechanical or other aid in order to claim the Prize. The Skill-Testing Question will be communicated to the Eligible Winner as part of the initial notification of the Eligible Winner’s status as Eligible Winner contemplated in Section 8.2. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, OLG may, in its sole and absolute discretion, administer an alternate test of skill as required to comply with applicable law (including applicable accessibility legislation).
- 8.8 If a Eligible Winner fails to respond to OLG in accordance with any of the instructions provided in a communication to the Eligible Winner, or if the Eligible Winner fails to correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question within the timeframes detailed by OLG, the Eligible Winner may be disqualified from the Promotion at OLG’s sole and absolute discretion.
9 General Terms
- 9.1 OLG reserves the right to deny an Entry or reject an Entry once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper.
For any questions relating to this promotion, please contact Player Support at [email protected] or by calling 1-855-978-7529.